I smiled reassuringly, taking his hand, "We'll figure this out"

Cami's phone buzzed, indicating that she got a message. She looked at it before looking back at us, "It's Vincent. I have to go" She got up and hurried out of the compound.

"I should go too" I sighed, letting go of Klaus' hand.

"Where?" Klaus questioned.

"I have to find Jack" I answered.

He nodded, "Are you going with Hayley?"

I groaned, again, "I have to, don't I?"

————————-

I WENT ACROSS THE STREET TO SEE HAYLEY. I had explained everything to her, she said that she just thought that Jackson was being moody again which he was but for another reason. We then left to go to the Bayou together. We sat on a picnic table outside my old shack in the Bayou, waiting for my brother.

After a while, he emerged from the woods carrying an axe and some firewood. Jack stopped when he saw us, his expression turned cold when I met his gaze. Hayley got up to greet him, "I know you needed space, Jack. . .but I kind of eventually thought you would come home"

Jackson scoffed, "Right. To the apartment Elijah compelled somebody to rent us and the bedroom that looks into Annabelle's" He sighed, facing me, "it's been a year. . .I have stood by you. I fought for you. I have loved you and your kids. And do you know what the worst is? Coming out of those woods, seeing you both sitting there, not picking fights. . .I'll be damned if it wasn't the best thing I had ever seen. Even when I'm pissed as hell for you choosing Klaus over me, I would rather be near you than anywhere else. Now, what kind of fool does that make me?"

I sighed, getting off the table, "Just cause I love him and I'm with him doesn't mean that I love you any less, Jack. You're my brother, there's no one I will love as much as I love you. It's our first Christmas together in years. Do you remember the last time we spent Christmas together? No, because every goddamn wolf was cursed and last time I checked there was a rarely a full moon on Christmas."

"Look, Jack, I want a quiet night with you and the kids, I'll even step back from picking a fight with Hayley" I looked at my brother, "I don't care if the compound is on fire, for one night, I will let it burn."

"Just please come home" Hayley begged.

"Okay. I'll meet you two there" Jackson told us.

I wrapped my arms around him, holding him. We pulled away and he smiled, "Go on" I nodded and I started to walk away leaving the Bayou, "Even after everything that happened between us, I realised that I never thanked you for the good things you did."

I looked at her, "Don't thank me, I didn't do it for you. I did it for Jack."

———————-

AFTER RECEIVING A TEXT FROM MY BROTHER, I RUSHED INTO THE COURTYARD AND SAW HIM CARRYING FREYA. I had been out getting stuff for the twins when he texted. Jackson laid Freya down on the couch and Hayley stood by their side.

"I got your text. What happened?" I asked.

"She got jumped" Jack answered, "Three vampires dressed like yuppies."