Until, I smelled a scent, one that I knew I had smelled before, but never in the library.

It was a fresh scent of mint from the toothpaste he'd used that morning, his freshly washed hair that held hints of citrus, and the subtle, yet unmistakable scent of his cologne.

I peeked over the top of my book, just barely enough to catch a glimpse of the wisps of his white-blonde hair revealing itself between the pages, it was perfectly placed.

"Romeo and Juliet?"

He's speaking to me?

Maybe he was there to see me. I let out a small laugh and shook my head at how stupid I sounded. Of course he wasn't. It's a public place.. I get pulled out of my train of thought, when I catch a wave of the recognizable scent, it got closer to me.

The familiar voice drawled, "I never pinned you as the romantic type, Granger." Of course he didn't, he did not know me after all. If he did he would know I want the sneaking around in private, I want the intimate moment between kisses where you gaze into each other's eyes. Merlin, I want the moments where you wake up in mornings embraced in each other's arms after a rather intimate night. I want the small things only couples that know each other really well do. Maybe I could do that with him.

Another silly thought.

"And what are you doing in the library, may I ask?" I retorted. "I didn't pin you for the reading type." Draco laughed. "My mother." He started, moving closer to me "She loves books. She sends me here every time she wants a new one."

That was by far the worst lie I have ever heard, but I decided to let him have it... at least for the time being.

"You live in a mansion which probably has an enormous library..." I said, "Why can't she just get one there?" Draco laughed lightly, shook his head and moved closer to me with one hand out. "I think I'll take this one..." and the book that once occupied my hands was gone, leaving me with empty space between my fingers.

}*{

Days passed, and every day that I was in the library he was in it, too. And, each day he would sit closer and closer to me. Now was my theory right? Perhaps he was there to see me. I found him at a table "reading" a book. I shot him a quick glare and gently slammed my book on the table. "You do not read!" I huffed. Draco laughed. "Why do you care so much, Granger?"

Why did I care so much?

I knew why I cared. I was just fighting with myself.

All the years I have spent on him already, longing and observing, I shouldn't care. After all, it was just a library. And what if he actually did read? I think I was just secretly hoping he would sweep me off my feet and say something along the lines of

'I'm in here because I like seeing you'.

"I don't care." I said instead. "At all, actually. I'm just... concerned." Draco sighed in response looking back down at his book that he hadn't turned the page on once. "I already told you, my mother-" He said, still "reading", until I gave him a light, quick kick to the shin. He looked up from his book and I gave him a pointed look. "Firstly Granger, Ow and secondly, okay, fine. My mother and I are in a book club and I come here to read the books she assigns." I smiled, picking my book back up.

A book club? Was that a lie? It had to be right? or maybe it wasn't. "A book club?" It seemed somewhat believable and somehow really cute at the same time. "Yeah. A book club." Draco got up and placed the book he was "reading" back on the shelf, swiveling back on his heel, turning to me. "I'll see you around bookworm." And then he was gone, and a familiar boy with tousled dark hair was taking his place a few moments later.

Inordinate LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara