Hearing Edward refer to Nanako as his fiancée, easily caused the crown prince to show a vein on his forehead, after all, he wanted Nanako all for himself, and the boy in front of him was his main obstacle to getting her.

"Sir Edward, how about we have a small duel?"

"Huh?"

"You do not have to worry this time because I will not place any bets on it"

"... ... ..."

Edward looked at the prince with a clearly unconvinced expression and even more than that, Edward hated duels because of his horrible experience with the captain who commanded the guards and soldiers who worked under his father. The very same experience that was the main cause of his headaches, like the one he was having right now, besides, it had been quite a good while ever since he last had a parrying session with the captain after that incident, and he wasn't planning on getting a second similar incident anytime in the future or now. So Edward could only give the crown prince a single answer, and one answer only.

"Your Highness, I will have to politely decline your request for a duel"

"Sir Edward, Insist that you duel me"

"Thank you for the consideration, but I will still have to refuse"

"Please accept it, I am sure you learn many things with a friendly duel"

"Thanks, but no"

"..."

"..."

The two smiled at each other, The prince with an increasingly frustrated expression at Edward's unwillingness to duel against him after all he wanted him to accept his duel so that he could force Edward to give up on Nanako while he threatened him with a wooden sword (Because it still hurt a lot when hit by one), while Edward just showed his usual poker smile to hide his cold sweat and desperation, as he correctly guessed a second time the crown prince's true intentions, and because of fear as well.

"Sir Edward, you will accept my duel request whether you like it or not"

"..." <Oh god... He's gonna order me to duel him, ain't he?... Lysette-sama, please come visit me today! I beg you and I want to see you one last time before he kills me!>

Then just as Edward was already saying goodbye to his life in his situation, someone made their appearance very well with a clear, loud, and angry voice.

"Your Highness Ludovic, may I know what are you attempting to do to my fiancé?"

"... Tch... *Deeply Inhales* Lady Lysette, what brings you here today?"

"I came here to spend time with my fiancé, of course. But what about you, Your Highness? Why are you here, when neither you nor your family have any relations with Edward-sama or his family?"

"..."

As expected, Lysette immediately threw an argument against Ludovic that he couldn't argue against, after all the Harding family was a vassal of the Neville family, so matters regarding them, would be handled by people such as Lysette's Father, Hamilton, or even Lysette herself. Unable to immediately answer, Ludovic attempted to create a fitting excuse that would buy him some time, however, Lysette was already one step ahead.

"Your Highness, I must remind you that attempting to forcibly take away the partner of another person is a serious offense even for someone of the royal family. And if you are attempting to do so, I must request for you to take your leave at this very moment before I file a formal complaint to the king about your behavior"

"... ... ..."

The Crown Prince unable to give a proper response to Lysette's words was forced to accept defeat this time. So he got up from his seat, as he hid his frustration from view.