❝CHAPTER FORTY❞

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 ━︎━︎ 𝐀 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 ▌

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 ━︎━︎ 𝐀 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 the year was here, and it was time for them to pack their things. Juniper stood in her room, staring in the mirror at the necklace Remus had given her two years ago. Juniper was blaming herself for this, and Hermione knew it. What Hermione also knew was that Juniper wouldn't have been able to stop it even if she tried. Voldemort had been trying to come back for years, and now he finally had. Hermione knew that it was going to take a lot of trial and error, but he would have come back eventually.

     Hermione watched the girl with a small frown before appearing behind her. Juniper met her eyes in the mirror. "Are you ready?" Juniper nodded her head and Hermione gently grabbed her hand, interlacing their fingers as they walked out.

They made it to the courtyard which was filled with students all saying goodbye to each other. When she had passed by, Fleur had gave her a swift goodbye and a kiss on the cheek before leaving. Krum had spotted Hermione and had made her promise to write. Juniper and Hermione stood to the side, watching as the Beauxbatons left, followed by the Durmstrang. Juniper felt numb. She didn't understand how so many people were smiling and laughing after what had happened.

The reality of the situation was weighing heavily on her shoulders. Her face stayed blank of emotion and Hermione would have to give her hand a small squeeze to remind her to smile once in a while. When all of the students had gone and the courtyard was empty, the two girls found Harry and Ron.

     "Do you ever think we'll just have a quiet year at Hogwarts?" Ron asked with a slight chuckle.

     "No," the other three answered.

     "Oh, well." Ron sighed. "What's life without a few dragons?" Ron, Harry and Juniper started walking only to stop when they realized Hermione wasn't following. They turned to look at her.

     "Everything's going to change now, isn't it?" Hermione asked.

     Harry walked to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Yes." Hermione nodded and the four of them began walking.

     "Promise you'll write this summer." Hermione said. "All of you."

     "I won't," Ron truthfully said. "You know I won't."

     Juniper shrugged, forcing a small smile on her face. "I'll try."

     Hermione looked at Harry. "Harry will, won't you?"

     "Yeah. Every week." Harry answered, sharing a look with Ron.

     They made it to the end of the walkway, standing in the opening where they could see the Black Lake below. They watched the carriage fly by and the ship sink and Juniper softly sighed. "My mom's going to be so pissed." The three looked at her and they all couldn't help but burst out laughing.