❝CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE❞

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 ━︎━︎ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐓𝐚𝐬𝐤 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘, Harry had quickly explained to them everything that had happened last night. Fudge had been in Dumbledore's office throwing a fit before Harry had walked in and he left. Harry had accidentally put himself into one of Dumbledore's memories that showed Barty Crouch Jr. being a proclaimed Death Eater and when Harry was leaving he saw Karkaroff and Snape talking with Karkaroff showing snape a mark on his arm. After that, Snape had accused him of stealing things from his supplies.

Juniper let out a breath. "That was a lot of information."

They were all outside on the bridge between two parts of the castle. Ron was leaning against the wall in front of Harry who was pacing back and forth, Juniper had her back pressed to the railing of an open window and Hermione was sitting on the inside of an open window. "What do you suppose is on Karkaroff's arm?" Ron asked.

"I don't know," Harry answered.

"Boomslang skin and lacewing flies?" Hermione asked. "Are you sure those are the two ingredients Snape mentioned?" Hermione stood, walking over to Juniper.

"Positive. Why?"

"It's obvious, isn't it?" Juniper asked.

"Would I be asking why if I thought it were obvious, June?" Harry asked her and she cracked a smile.

"They're ingredients for Polyjuice Potion." Juniper told him, turning to Hermione and fixing her scarf.

Hermione blushed at the action before forcing herself to look at Harry. "He thinks we're brewing Polyjuice Potion, doesn't he?"

"I don't care what Snape thinks." Harry answered. "We've got bigger problems than detention." Harry walked forwards, walking down a set of steps before sitting on one of them. Juniper pulled away from Hermione and sat down beside him. "Something's coming closer. I can feel it." A hand went up to his scar and Juniper couldn't help but frown.

Juniper softly sighed, leaning her head on his shoulder. Harry rested his head on top of hers. "Whatever it is, we'll figure it out." She grabbed his hand, giving it a small squeeze. "We always do." Harry squeezed her hand back. Juniper softly sighed as she stood up. "I'll catch up with you lot later. I told Fleur I'd spend some time with her today before the next trial."

"If I didn't know any better, June, I'd say you were replacing us with Fleur." Harry said, a small smile on his lips.

"Oh please, as if she ever could." Hermione scoffed. "You need us and you know it."