❝CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT❞

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ━︎━︎ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐚𝐬𝐤 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐄 didn't mention the Yule Ball, in fact Hermione seemed to avoid the topic at all cost. Now, a few weeks later, Hermione was yelling at Harry because he had yet to figure out the message from the golden egg and the next trial was only days away. "Harry, you told me you'd figured the egg out weeks ago. The task is only two days from now." Hermione, Harry, and Juniper were all standing on the bridge, looking out at the surroundings and the snow that was covering the ground.

     "Really? I had no idea." Harry sarcastically remarked.

     "Alright, Harry, the sarcasm is unnecessary." Juniper commented with the roll of her eyes.

     "Says you," Harry scoffed. "June, you're the most sarcastic person I know."

     Juniper smiled. "Why thank you, Harry."

     "Back on task." Hermione snapped.

     Harry sighed. "I suppose Viktor already figured it out. And Fleur."

     "Wouldn't know." Hermione replied. "We don't actually talk about the tournament. Actually, we don't really talk at all. Viktor's more of a physical being." Juniper scrunched her nose up at that. Hermione chuckled. "I just mean he's not particularly loquacious. Mostly, he watches me study. It's a bit annoying actually."

     "Well, you can't blame him for that." Juniper hummed, causing the two to look at her. "What? You look cute when you study."

     Hermione's eyes widened and she quickly looked away, a blush forming on her cheeks. Harry looked down to the ground as he smiled in amusement before looking back at Juniper. "And Fleur?"

     Juniper smiled. "Oh, she's lovely. She's figured it out, hasn't told me what it is. I could ask if you'd like?"

     Harry shook his head. "No, I should probably figure this out on my own."

     Hermione had to force away the frown at Juniper's words as she asked, "You are trying to figure this egg out, aren't you?"

     Harry looked at her. "What's that supposed to mean?"

     "It just means that these tasks are designed to test you in the most brutal way. They're almost cruel. And I'm. . . I'm scared for you. So is Jay." Hermione nodded her head towards Juniper.