Chapter 1

I sat patiently on the grass, waiting and watching. I'm the sole protector of my hometown; Dallas,Texas. My name's River Morgan. I protect the town, I'm known as the White Devil. I have one mortal enemy; the one thing I fight against to protect Dallas.
𝘝𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘴.
If you haven't already guessed, I'm a werewolf. As far I know, I'm the only one of my kind left. The Great War wiped us all out. I see a flicker of movement through the trees. I shoot up. That was way too fast to be human. I get into a meek stance;I use this to draw them in. The figure comes in closer right to the tree line, eight feet away from me.
"What's a pretty little girl like you doing out here, all alone as well?",he smirks.
"I-I'm l-lost.",I stutter;keeping up the 'shy' act.
"Well sweetheart I can help you there.",he says moving closer to me.
"P-please don't h-hurt me!", I yelp and turn to run. That's when he speeds up. When he's right behind me, I shift and tear off his arm. He growls in surprise. I move closer and get to his other arm. He falls to the ground and I bite his neck which severs off his head. I know I have to act quick or else he'll come back. I run each part a mile from each other and bury them under a hemlock tree;this prevents them from coming back it has something to do with magic, I've never understood it. After I'm done, I roll around in a patch of garlic to get rid of the stench of the encounter and dash off to my little place in downtown Dallas. After a quick shower, I climb into bed. I fall asleep unusually quickly.
*I'm running through a beautiful meadow. Someone is behind me, but I can't see their face. I'm swept off my feet and carried bridal style away. *
That's the end of my dream due to my alarm clock.
'Welp, I think to myself. 'Guess that's the wake up call'.
I change into a black shirt, tan cardigan, blue ripped jeans, and black ankle boots. I hear the bus pull up as I'm touching up my mascara.
I run downstairs to grab a muffin, and dash out the door.
Thankfully I make the bus. As we pull out of my driveway, I plop down in an available seat. I have a quiz in biology today, so best prepare,yay! I freaking hate that class.
The bus stops and we all get off. I walk through the doors and maneuver my way through the enormous crowd.
"Wow! Waterfall! You really outdid yourself on the Facebook Mom Look!",Ashely Howard calls from halfway across the hallway. You know I really hate her. See what happened was, we were really close from 3rd grade to 8th grade. But when we got to high school, everything changed. Ashley started dating all the boys, even if they were seniors. When she finished with all the boys, she moved on to flirting with Mr. Adams. Mr. Adams was young, almost the seniors age, but he was very mature. Ashley didn't really care about things like being handsome or smart, she was really in it for the money and power. Once I figured out what she was doing, I decided it wasn't worth being friends anymore.
"Hey Ashley! You look like yourself today, a cow. And it's River.",I yell back. I run to first period, biology.
I sit down beside Ethan, someone I've known since third grade.
"Good morning class.",Mr.Woods says a bit too loudly for my hearing.
"Morning Mr. Woods.",we all say back.
"Quiz time!",he claps his hands together.
There are audible groans around the room. After he passes out the test, we all start.
I'm done within five minutes. Although question three hit a little too close to home for my liking. 'How does the wolf's anatomy compare to a human's?'.
I turned in my test and starting reading my book, "Ice Breaker".

Bookworms!
This is the first part of my original "Endless Night"!!!!
706 words, my new record!!
Love you!! Bye!!!!