"Yea. See you." He responded back and we nodded to each other as a way of saying goodbye.

I spot the cheerleading sign-up table and spot a brunette and a dark blonde sitting at the desk, assuming that they're the captains for cheerleading, I go up to their table and line up behind two girls before signing my name onto the paper.

"Has anyone ever told you that you have the perfect cheerleading face?" The brunette suddenly spoke to me.

Taken aback by her compliment, I smile back at her while the blonde nudges her arm.

"Brooke, don't scare our potential new teammate. Sorry about her. I'm Haley Davis." Haley apologizes and introduces herself.

"It's fine don't worry about it. I'm Madelyn Baker." I introduce myself to Haley and Brooke as I giggle at them.

"Well, Madelyn Baker, I already see you as our new bestfriend! I'm Brooke James." Brooke introduces herself to me and I already am thinking of her as my new bestfriend as well.

"Well, I can't wait! See you guys around." I tell them enthusiastically and wave them goodbye.

I find Charlie behind me and see him upset.

"Charlie, are you fine?" I ask him.

"Yeah, just the coaches giving me a hard time." He responds back to me in a sad but annoyed tone.

I sigh and just rub his back and hug him from the side to make him know that I'm here for him.

____

After Charlie and I signed up for the sports, we had dinner and now we're all squished in Mom and Dad's bed while watching Dad in the news being interviewed.

"Okay, uh, let's see. Who's next? Yes?" Dad speaks while he finished answering a question as he points to another journalist to ask him a question.

"lt's been reported that you like to blast music in your locker room. Why?" The journalist asks Dad in the television.

"Uh, well, it loosens up the players... and, uh, gets 'em psyched. Unless, of course, l start dancing. Then they just get nauseous." Dad answers as everyone in the television laughs except us in the house watching him just sad that we don't really get to spend as much time with him.

"At least we get to see him on TV." Lorraine states beside me in a way to try to make things better.

"Coach, how do you manage a family of 12 and a football team?" Another journalist asks him.

"Well, l've got a great team here... and a solid support system at home. Go to bed, kids." As Dad points to the camera.

"Okay, you heard the coach. Off to bed. Here we go." Mom switches the television off while everyone gets off of Mom and Dad's bed.

"ln Midland, we were a family. Now we're a support system?" Sarah questions annoyed.

"A family is a support system, Butch." Lorraine responds back as Sarah rolls her eyes back at her.

The phone starts to ring and Mike hops off the bed to answer it.

"Hello? Who's this?" Mike answers the phone but later gives it to Mom.

"Somebody from something something." Mike tells Mom as he gives her the phone.

"Okay. Shh." Mom tells Mike as she gets the phone from him.

"Hello? Yeah, hi, Diane." Mom speaks to Diane on the phone as I just go back to my room.

____

A few minutes after Moms phone call she comes knocking into my room.

"Madelyn, I'm gonna need yours and Lorraines help in picking out an outfit. My books getting published!" Mom states with Lorraine behind her as she leaves in a hurry all giddy and excited as Lorraine and I look at each other and laugh.

____

Lorraine and I have been in Mom and Dads room for a while now just laying clothes in their bed one after the other.

"Okay, so salmons and pinks are a big no-no in business." I tell my mom as I grab a few salmon and pink and throw them above the bed.

"Agree. This is business. Salmons and pinks are so homemaker." Lorraine agrees with me as she also picks up the last few salmon and pink outfits and throw them above the bed.

"All right, focus on your navies and your grays." Lorraine states as I grab both the navy and gray outfits.

"Navy is muscle, gray is smarts. Choose either, and you'll rule the boardroom." I state as I raise the navy and gray outfits while stating what it would benefit her.

I didn't notice that my Dad got home till he entered the bedroom.

"What's going on?" Dad questions.

"Guess what? Diane Phillips called. My book's getting published." Mom tells Dad as Lorraine and I look at each other excitedly since we were so happy for Mom.

"Did l tell you we're gonna have it all?" Dad shouts happily while raising his fists up in the air.

"You've never said that." Mom humbles Dad.

"l'm tellin' you now, baby! Whoo!" Dad cheers as he goes up and hugs Mom and plops both of them down the bed.

It starts getting heated and my smile drops in realization on what I'm interrupting.

"Oh, my God! Can you guys just please wait till Madelyn and I leave the room?" Lorraine shouts in disgust as I nod in agreement.

"Can you hurry?" Dad tells us as we both run out of the room shuddering.

"I think I actually felt puke going up my throat." I tell Lorraine.

"I think I swallowed my puke." Lorraine tells me.

Noe speaks ✎

HEY GUYSSSS!!! IVE BEEN GONE FOR SO LONG SO I APOLOGIZE 😓😓😓 IVE BEEN SO BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND I HAVE A SHORT BREAK FROM SCHOOL SO I DECIDED TO MAKE THIS CHAPTER AND THIS CHAPTER IS KINDA LONG SO I HOPE U GUYS ENJOY AND I WILL BE TRYING TO UPDATE OFTEN!!

anyways I hope you enjoy your day!! 🤍🤍🤍