Episode Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

As we approach our house, I take a quick glance inside through the window to make sure everything is safe and secure before letting Lucian Max in. "Just give me a moment to check inside first," I say to him, gesturing for him to wait at the door.

Without waiting for his response, I quickly slip inside the house and cautiously make my way from room to room to ensure that there are no one else here. Once I'm satisfied that everything is clear, I head back to the front door to fetch Lucian Max.

But as I step back outside, I'm taken aback to see Lucian Max sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall with my blazers draped over his shoulders. His eyes are pale, and he looks incredibly downcast and despondent.

"I can't take it anymore," he says, his voice filled with despair.

As soon as I noticed him, I quickly approached him and provided immediate assistance to help him inside. I could sense that he was feeling a little uneasy, so I apologized in advance, "I am sorry if I cannot put you in a luxurious room as we do not have any guest rooms or anything like that. Additionally, this place is more complex than you might think, but I will try our best to make you comfortable."

Before I could finish my sentence, he cut me off, "If it's not okay, I will not stay here!" His deep, masculine voice with a hint of raspiness clearly conveyed his frustration. 

It's funny how this day ends. I should be thinking about Ahmed getting married, but this situation distracted me. It's better this way than being distracted by that marriage. We entered my room, and I helped him onto my bed. Although we have air conditioning here, I didn't turn it on since we have to pay for it. I was very nervous when he entered my house; I knew I was in trouble.

Without any hesitation, I offered him my favorite comforter to help keep him warm. However, he was taller than I had anticipated, and the comforter was too small for him. His toes were sticking out, and I could see that he was uncomfortable. I wanted him to feel better, so I asked him if he was okay with the comforter. He shook his head, and I knew that I had to do something to help him.

I went to my closet to find another comforter that was better suited for his height. As I searched, I could hear him coughing and sneezing in the other room. Finally, I found a comforter that was perfect for him. I doubled it up and brought it to him. He immediately wrapped himself in it, and I could see the relief on his face.

But I knew that I couldn't stop there. I wanted to do more to help him feel better. So, I remembered my mom's tried-and-true method of caring for me when I was sick. 

"I have some medicine that could help relieve your symptoms," I said to him, holding out a small pill bottle. However, he shook his head in refusal, looking hesitant and unsure. "Why not?" I asked, feeling confused.

"I appreciate your help, but it's not prescribed by my doctor," he replied weakly, his voice barely audible. "Besides, it's just a minor issue on the first day, and I don't want to risk taking anything that might make it worse."

I could tell that he was in a lot of pain, as he couldn't even open his eyes and was still trembling. I tried to reassure him that the medicine was safe and might provide some relief, but he remained unconvinced.

I left the room and walked to the kitchen to prepare some instant noodles for Lucian Max and a small tub of ice. 

 I heard some noise outside, which I assumed was the girls arriving, so I quickly gathered the things I might need and returned to my room.

Upon entering the room, I placed the noodles and the tub of ice on my side table. I grabbed a small towel, dipped it into the tub of ice, and placed it on Lucian Max's forehead, applying gentle pressure. I then grabbed another towel, dipped it into the ice again, and placed it on his cheeks.