chapter one

(*listens to my ocean playlist as I write this cutley*)

Injury detail in this chapter!

The heavy white curtains hang from the ceiling, shielding the room from the harsh glare of the sun. The walls are a dull shade of beige, only broken up by the occasional framed artwork depicting serene landscapes. The floor is coated in a cool linoleum, with a faint smell of disinfectant lingering in the air. Various machines and equipment are stationed around the room, their beeping and humming a constant reminder of the seriousness of the space.

On two opposite sides of the room, there are three beds covered in crisp white sheets and soft blue blankets. Ocean O'Connell Rosenberg, one of the surviving Saint cassian chamber choir pupils after the cyclone accident, opened her eyes as she groaned. The small girl quickly sat up and looked around as she began to feel her body with her right hand, inable to use her left as her arm had broken after the accident and was in a full arm cast. beginning to cry as she realised she was alive. The tears ran down her face as she looked around the room.

Noel, Ricky, and mischa were on the opposite side of the room, laying asleep on their beds whilst constance was on the right side of Ocean. The red head turned to her left to meet with a tall, rather plump girl laying in a separate bed beside her. Her neck had a few bandages wrapped around it. Ocean slowly climbed out of bed, walking next to the unknown female. The brown haired girl opened her eyes as she sat up, running her fingers through her fringe.

'Ocean...?' She groaned softly as she smiled, looking up at the red head standing before her.

'Penny...' Ocean whispered softly with a smile, suddenly remembering the girls name.

The two girls continued to smile at each other, both practically in tears at the fact they're alive. Ocean sat back down on the side of her bed, running her hand over the cast on her left arm.

'Want me to sign it...?' Penny asked softly as she reached down into her school bag that rested beside her bed, grabbing a black sharpie.

Ocean smiled and nodded, allowing Penny to write her name and draw a small heart beside it. The shorter of the two giggled as she watched the taller girl write on her cast. The pair continued to have a small conversation, with a few short and awkward silences every now and again. Roughly ten minutes passed before someone else had woken up, noel being first, then Constance, then mischa, and then Ricky. Everyone teared up a little, and they had a heartfelt conversation until a nurse walked in and began to check on them.

Ocean had fallen out the cart first, her head hitting a thick tree branch before her left side hit the ground, causing her arm to break. Constance fell a few seconds after Ocean. She fell a shorter distance than Ocean but still suffered with a few injuries; a few bolts from the cyclone also had peirced through her skin on her right thigh. Noel had broken his leg by falling out with his right leg straight, forcing him to land on it with his bone sticking out of his knee. Mischa hit his head onto the handle of the cart before hitting the ground, falling out of the cart; blood dripping down his face from his scalp. Pennys neck had hit the side of the cyclone roller coaster, causing the skin on the back of her neck to open along with a cut along her spine as her back hit the edge of the cart. Ricky managed to make it out with a fractured leg and a broken wrist. He had fallen down onto his left hand and his right leg, hitting his head on the ground.

During their time at the hospital, they all made small conversation and tried to get to know each other better till they left. Ocean we good for the first two days and then quickly returned to her shitty, narcissistic ways. She didn't realise the way she was acting as it came naturally to her. Most of the choir would get annoyed at her, and it led to a few arguments; mostly between noel and ocean. Everyone had left the hospital on Tuesday, September 22nd.

__________
Yes it's short, yes it doesn't have much perfect dolls, and yes I know it's shit. This was just to fill yall in on how badly they were injured. The rest will be like a week after they left the hospital as they are starting to go back to school. :3