I know something's up with her, and I'm tired of waiting around for her to feel good about herself again. I need my best friend. And I know that's selfish, I know I'm asking too much of her. But if she won't tell me what's bugging her, then I won't let up on trying to make her happy.

"Please smile." I sigh, knowing that nothing but her giddy grin will lift my spirits right now.

The girl chews at the inside of her cheek for a moment before huffing out a breath, finally giving in and returning my hug. I feel the corners of my lips beginning to twirl up at the sensation of her warm grasp wrapping around me.

"You've always got something to worry about, huh?" The girl chuckles down to me halfheartedly. I shake my head, letting out a small laugh before pulling myself up from her hold.

"The only thing I'm worrying about is you."

And when the best time to fight someone is.

"Then stop." She sighs with a tilted grin. I roll my eyes, she knows that's a stupid thing to say, I can't just stop worrying about her. I'll never not worry about her, if it weren't for her... I'd be an entirely different, weaker person.

"Can I ask you a question?" I ask, leaning back against my desk as the room begins to clear out.

"If you're gonna ask me what's wro—"

"I'm not." I deny, prompting her brow to raise as she reluctantly nods her head, encouraging me to ask away.

"Will you still like me if I beat someone up?" I mumble out, letting my hands rest back onto the desk behind me.

Ochako blinks to herself, stiffening up in silence for a moment too long, until... finally, a smile breaks out on her lips. A real one, a big one, one that I'll never brush off or forget about.

There's my girl.

"Who?" She snorts, lowering her head to hide the way her eyes squint in amusement. I said it too nonchalantly, too easily, as if I really mean it.

"Someone who deserves it." I shrug, nudging my head to encourage her to follow me out of class.

Ochako sighs out a humoured breath to herself before reluctantly doing as I ask, pulling her bag over her shoulder before trailing after me as I shove my hands into my skirt pockets.

"Did you sleep during lunch?" I mumble down to her as she treads her way beside me. The girl glances up to me from the corner of her eye before nodding. I sigh to myself, relieved that she doesn't look quite as glaringly miserable as she did before.

I really can't put my finger on what's making her all sad. I mean, it can't be that she's upset on my behalf, I got over it, she should've by now as well. It has to be something else.

It was after Izuku showed us Jina's instagram...

My brows furrow as I attempt to come up with any reason that Ochako would have to get down on herself about that. It can't be jealousy, Ochako's way prettier than Jina is. Even on her worst day, it's no competition.

That being said, I think my best friend's the most beautiful girl I've ever had the pleasure of gazing my eyes over so I admit that I might be biased.