Ch. 4, Monday

Calliope strolled up to her shared room, excited to tell a hopefully awake Cassandra about the events of today.

She opened the door lightly and creeped into her room. Seeing a fully awake Cass sitting on the floor, doing what she believed is muggle studies homework. A sigh left Calliope's mouth as she tossed the girl across from her two bread rolls and a few pieces of various vegetables, which were graciously wrapped in a cloth.

"Ugh, Callie. No meat?", The blonde groaned jokingly and began to flex her bicep muscles at Calliope, "You know I need to get my protein in! Quidditch practice 'morrow."

"You're fine," Calliope laughs faintly, "be grateful, Oakes."

The witch slips behind the room divider and changes into pajamas. "You just woke up?"

"Mhm. Quidditch practice has been kicking my ass. Last night didn't help. Now I got fuckin' assignments to catch up on."

"My poor baby." Cal says, feigning any empathy she can muster up.

"Shut up, Callie."

The witch throws her dirty clothes into the hamper beside their door and tosses herself down besides her roommate. "Want some help?", She says putting her head on the green-eyed girl's shoulder.

"But you don't take muggle studies?"

A laugh leaves her mouth, "Yeah, but you're forgetting I'm muggle-born."

"Oh..! Right!"

Cass wasn't a pure-blood. She was a half-blood. She would've had a hint of knowledge about muggle devices and traditions if her muggle mother didn't die when she was three. The subject weighed heavy on her heart and besides Calliope, not many people knew.

She grabs her quill and gets ready to write down the descriptions of the muggle devices on her paper. "So, a rad-eh-oh, what's up with it?"

"A ray-dee-o, is a device that works like a record player-- You know? Like the one we have in the common room--but you don't need a fancy little record to listen to a song."

"Ahh, inventive...", She quickly scribbles down her answer, "Oh! A car! I know that one!"

Calliope nods, "Yeah! those are fairly common over here too."

After a few more minutes, they get through the blonde's entire sheet. With a sigh of relief and giggle from Cal, she packs up her supplies, "Damn you muggles for making me learn this."

"Blame bloody Professor Penrose."

"Damn you, Penrose!"

The girls mingle about Cassandra's dreams she had while knocked out for several hours. The only dream she could recall was the one where she was a dinosaur caretaker and specialist. She promptly had her hand bitten off.

"So, what'd you get up to Miss Cal?"

Calliope groans and jumps straight into her day, "You know Alice? Frank's girl, the Gryffindor."

"Mhm, mhm." Cass listens.

"And Lily Potter."

"Of course."

She explains how she went to go see James and the events that happened during, focusing on how Fortescue tried to belittle her behind her back in order to make her ginger friend feel better.

"That fuckin' bitch!"

"I know!"

"What'd ya do then?"

"Hugged James right in front of 'em." Calliope states proudly.

"Guess his 'standards' disappeared pretty fast." Cass laughs as she prods the other girl's side with her elbow.