Might Lead To A Perfect Life

Start from the beginning

When Ruby had come back Violet had thrown up again and I just kept rubbing her back and Ruby looked to us and then held out some water and medicine to Violet, who was being a bit of a brat and not taking it. She just kept shoving the medicine away and I think a bit and hold my hands out and Ruby hands me the medicine and then water. She says she will be back with extra pillows and blankets and I nod as she leaves the room and I try to get Violet to take the medicine.

"If you take this, you'll feel a lot better." I tell her quietly. She moved her head away as I try to give it to her and I frown a bit. It was one thing for me to refuse medicine but she really needed this. Head injuries were no joke but she wasn't taking it.

"If you take this, I'll give you a kiss... after you was your mouth out too." I tell her and she looked to the side a bit as she looked to me. She then holds her hand out a bit and I smile as I hand her the medicine and she sits up a bit and pops the pills in her mouth. She then takes the water and downs it and she places her head back to the bucket. I rub her back a little more before Ruby comes in.

Violet holds out the glass to Ruby who takes it and then sets the extra pillow at the end of the bed and I thank her. She nods as she tells me that I can keep an eye on her and if something happened, I need to come get her. I do tell her about the extra boot prints I saw and she said she would tell the others when she had the time. She still had to help take care of Mitch and Willy who were still sick but from what she said they were doing a little better. When she leaves I help Violet lay down as I take the bucket and place it on the side. Violet turned to face the wall and she curls up a bit so I place the blanket on her so she can stay warm.

I kept my hand on her back and she just tried to relax as best as she could. It was a while before she finally was able to fall asleep and I kept rubbing her back. I hear the door open just a bit and Violet shifts a little in her sleep and I look to the door. AJ was there and I put my finger to my lips and I slowly get up and walk over to him. I close the door so we didn't bother Violet and I look to him.

"Ruby said you saw extra boot prints?" He whispers until we get to the end of the hall and I nod.

"Yeah, they might have been followed, don't know who was following them but I know Amos and... that girls boot prints ended by the river, these ones looked like they went into the other direction of the woods." I tell him and he nods.

"Marlon and I were going to head out and see if we could find them, Aasim will be here and Ruby." He says and I look down the hall as I see Marlon come up to us.

"Is Violet ok?" He asked and I nod a bit.

"She's a little nauseous from the hit and has a major headache but she's sleeping right now, she threw up a bit too." I tell him and he nods.

"Look I think it would be best if you came with us, but if you need to keep an eye on Violet that's fine." He says and I think a bit.

"Is Aasim busy?" I asked.

"He's not, need me to get him?" AJ asked and I nod and he goes to find Aasim and I look to Marlon.

"If Aasim can watch her for me I can come with you guys, I don't think they crossed the river but I know they weren't in the fishing shack." I tell Marlon.

"Think they could have been hiding in the Water buildings?" Marlon asked.

"Yeah, I just forgot where they were placed, sorry." I tell him and he shakes his head.

"It's fine, we have them covered up in moss and such so people think they're abandoned." He says and I nod.

"Smart."

"Yeah, it was Violet and Mitch's idea, to be fair they had a lot of fun making it look old as shit." He laughed and I shake my head a bit but I smile.

"Look is it ok if AJ and I stay a little longer? At least until Violet feels better?" I asked.