This Year Will Be Different

Start from the beginning

"I'm fine." I said and walked away, my breath heavy as I walked into the girls bathrooms. I looked into the mirror trying to calm myself down. I couldn't have a break down, I needed to be strong. Then a voice spoke up from behind me. "Boy problems?"

I looked into the mirror behind me, there was a girl looking at me. "Uh, yeah." I said looking away, not wanting her to see me cry as I was on the verge of doing so. "He's kind of a troll." I muttered, thinking about the monster that had led me to here in the first place.

"Oh, my God, say no more. We'll fix you up and make him jealous. I have an extra shirt in my locker, and I've got hair spray, lip gloss, and new eyeliner." She said putting the make up down, I look at it for a second before looking back at her. "Maya." She said, "Hope." I said. Kind of surprised at how she offered to help. "Thank you, um, weird question, by any chance, have you noticed a terrible smell coming from somewhere inside the school?" I ask wanting to know more about the troll, "I think everyone has."

After getting a make over by Maya. I was now walking into the boys locker room. As I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder, I spun around kicking him to the floor, pinning it down, ready with my fist to punch it. When I saw it was Dr.Saltzman.

"All right. Okay, seriously. Who are you?" He panicked from beneath me with his hands up. As I took his hand pulling him up, "ah, okay." He breathed out, turning around to face me. I sigh. "I'm a vampire hunter. And I-I, came across a creature." Dr.Saltzman fixes his suit, trying to look tough. "What kind of creature?"

"A creature that's big enough to flip over an empty bus. It's green, it's ugly and it smells absolutely terrible, so I'm going with a troll? And it's hiding somewhere inside this school." He looks at me suspiciously, "Uh-huh. And how do you know that?" "Because I wounded it." I pointed to the purple stain on the floor, "it's nocturnal, so it hides out during the day. I found a legend that says O just have to pierce it through the heart." And he cuts me off. "Listen, you're not doing anything. Okay? You're just a kid." I narrow my eyes looking at him, just a kid? I saved your ass more times than I could count. I thought annoyed at the comment to myself.

"If there's a monster in my school, I'm gonna take care of it." He said walking away. "No offense. But, um, I've been trying to kill this thing for over a week, and nothing's worked." "Well if you are a vampire hunter, then I'm sure you've heard of Alaric Saltzman? Yeah. I know what I'm doing." He said, and I had to stop myself from getting sassy, "yeah. You're very famous around here, but you're gonna need my help." I said and he turns around. "I have put kids in danger before. And I'm not gonna make that mistake again." The bell rings before I could even say anything back, and Dr.Saltzman started speaking loudly, making me hold back a scoff as I look at him with look that screamed, really?

After brewing a little magic potion, I went down to the basement to find Dr.Saltzman on the floor ready to be squashed by the monster. I rolled the bottle, and muttered a spell "Sol." As a huge light shone from the potion, Dr. Saltzman threw an arrow. "Hope." He said and I used my magic to shoot the arrow into the monster. Killing him in the process.

As I walked closer to see if he's really dead, Dr. Saltzman spoke from behind me. "Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and agree with your troll theory." "Yeah, well, it's nocturnal, so I figured I'd just make some artificial sunlight." I responded. "You didn't— you didn't say you were also a witch." I turned around to face him. "Look, I'm just here to kill this monster. Okay? Then I'll be on my way before this gets any more complicated."

"Um.." we suddenly heard from behind him, and as I looked I saw Maya standing there. "What is that?" She asks looking at the troll.

"The sound was just a busted water pipe. And then Dr. Saltzman," "Principal Saltzman." "My bad. Principal Saltzman turned the water off and took care of everything." Mg compelled Maya. "Wow. Crazy first day, huh?" She asked as I leaned against his desk. "Great. You can head back to class now."  Dr. Saltzman said as Maya walked out of his office.