Luckily, you didn't pack much, making it easier for you to bring your luggage back home with you. After you unloaded your suitcase, you made sure to tip the Uber driver to make up for your absentmindedness during the drive, and thanked him greatly before finally stepping into the apartment complex you had spent countless days and nights in. You were home.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

After taking a shower to get rid of the airport smell and feeling, you made your way over to your beloved bed, scanning the different networks on your laptop to try and find something to watch. When you couldn't find anything new or interesting, you decided to go back to your comfort show. It felt weird to click on it now though, as one of the people on the cover was someone you had now spoken with, and at one point even had hatred for.

The Last of Us might not be a typical 'comfort' watch, but to you, it most certainly was. After playing both of the games obsessively for over two years, the HBO show was bound to be your new obsession when it came out last year. It had gotten to the point where you would quote the show in almost every single conversation you had, and couldn't go a day without discussing it with someone else.

Emily had just let you rant back then, choosing to keep her friendship with the lead actor a secret from you. This was probably the best thing she could have done, but God, if you had known she was keeping something so big from you last year? It would have been possible she wasn't even your friend anymore right now.

Your hyperfixations had a way of interfering with your personal life, even if you didn't want them to. They just found their own mysterious ways to live in your head, with thoughts you could barely drown out. You checked the time to see that you had over six hours until you had to pick Emily up to make your way over to a bar. This was enough to watch most of the episodes, if not all.

You made yourself comfortable by grabbing some blankets and snacks, really wanting to relax in the time you had. After today, you were going to have a lot more days like these, on which you could get away with doing nothing at all. Sure, you had to look for new jobs, but you found it more important to catch yourself a break before getting back into the acting world.

With absolutely no motivation to do another mediocre film, you were looking for unpractical, long term roles. In the industry of today, that was much more difficult than it seemed, even though you had already made quite a name for yourself. You weren't sure what you wanted to do next if not another show, but you knew that you had to be much more open in order to make it, which scared you.

Drowning out all of the other thoughts in your head, you clicked play and found yourself being absorbed by the show you were watching. This time around, you also caught yourself paying extra attention to Ellie. From the facial expressions to their overall looks, you couldn't stop yourself from staring, and you honestly didn't want to.

After that night at the Critics, you had began looking at them differently, even though you wished you hadn't. A large part of you still wanted to shut these feelings and thoughts up, but as you were already so tired from the long flight, you were far too restless to fight them.

The story was easy to get caught up in, which is why it didn't come as a surprise when you received a call hours and hours later, Emily's name on your screen. "You were supposed to be on your way by now." She said, not sounding too annoyed. This reminded you of the time she insisted on adding you on Find My Friends, something you hadn't regretted until now.

"Fuck, sorry. Getting up now. I'll be there in twenty minutes max." You hurried yourself out of bed as you tried to find a decent outfit to throw on. Your legs had practically grown numb, slowing you down as you attempted to speed walk yourself around your apartment. "No worries, I'll give you thirty minutes. Don't stress yourself out." The dark-haired girl immediately recognised the stress in your voice, and once again you found yourself immensely grateful for her.