𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮. celebration

Start from the beginning

"But Papa, I'm sure" he replied.

Gojo straightened up. "Alright" he said. "What do you want to have for your birthday? Do you want to have a new toy?"

"I want a dog!"

Gojo chuckled and ruffled his hair. "We'll ask your Mama about that first"

Haru just pouted.

"Let's go downstairs" Gojo said and ruffled his hair.

Breakfast was more joyous than the usual, Haru was so enthusiastic which made the dining table filled with glee. It was also part of his birthday celebration with his grandparents. Haru received gifts from both his grandparents and parents.

And when they prepared and finally went to the park, Haru jumped off and tried to catch the falling petals.

"Wah! It's snowing petals!" Haru giggled and ran.

"Haru, careful!" Y/N exclaimed. Gojo held her hand as they walked together towards a nice spot to set up.

"Let him be" he said.

"I know, I'm just worried" she replied.

"You look really beautiful, the dress is cute" he suddenly blurred out which made Y/N blush.

She still can't get used to receiving compliments.

"T-thanks" she said.

Gojo smiled and walked forward, starting to set up. He placed the blanket on the ground and placed the baskets and everything they have brought.

There were a few people there also, some were alone, others with their families and the rest are couples dating or group of friends having fun.

Y/N thought of her parents who were back at home, she insisted that they come with them so they will be able to celebrate together, but they refused.

"Mama, I caught petals!" Haru looked so excited showing her the three pieces of cherry blossom petals he caught with his little hands.

"They're falling but it's so hard to catch them" he added.

"Give it to me, Haru" Y/N said and the child gladly handed it to his mother. "We'll keep it in a frame at home" she said and carefully placed it in a pill box she took from her bag.

"Mama, you should have worn pink" Haru suddenly commented.

"Hmm? Why?" She questioned.

"So it would match with our surroundings!"

Both Gojo and Y/N chuckled at their son's logic.

"That's not necessary Haru" Gojo said. "She already has a match"

"Huh?" Haru looked confused. "What do you mean, Papa?"

"Me, I'm her match" he said and pointed at himself.

Y/N almost choked on her water.

"I don't get it" Haru said which made Y/N laugh.

"Hey! Stop laughing!" Gojo exclaimed.

"I don't understand!" Haru further furrowed his eyebrows at her parents. "Why are you laughing, Mama?"

"S-sorry" she tried composing herself. "It's just that, it's been a while since I saw him fail with his lines like that" she pointed at Gojo.

"I cannot believe you laugh at my demise!" Gojo protested.

"Come here, Haru" Y/N gestured and Haru did.

"Do you love Mama or Papa more?"

"What? That's such a random question coming from you!" Gojo protested on the side again.