CHAPTER 2 // Meeting Everyone

WERE THEY WAITING FOR HIM?

Y/N was interrupted from his train of thought by a cheerful voice that seemed to be speaking to him.

"Hi! My name's Yuji Itadori!" the pink-haired boy said.

Y/N still felt a bit embarrassed by his tardiness, so he wasn't quick to reply. As Y/N composed himself, he found it within himself to speak boldly.

"Hello, Yuji. I am Y/N. I look forward to meeting you all!"

Their conversation seemed to spark an upsurge in the students. The air seemed to clear of its tension as the group began to talk amongst themselves. Cheerful laughter filled the room as the group exchanged stories of how they ended up wanting to be Jujutsu Sorcerers.

"I ate a finger! Can you believe it, a finger!" Itadori exclaimed heartily.

"..." Y/N didn't know how to respond.

He ate a fucking finger?

"I became a sorcerer because my grandmother encouraged me to be one," Nobara announced.

"A simple but respectable reason!" Y/N complimented.

"I became a sorcerer because my loved one was cursed," Megumi stated plainly.

Y/N soon realized that everyone had given their statements as to why they wanted to be a sorcerer,

except one person.

Maki hadn't contributed to the end discussion of their reasons at all.

Before Y/N could think, his mouth began moving faster than his brain.

"Maki, why'd you become a sorcerer," Y/N questioned

"Dumbass!" Y/N thought angrily to himself. It was too late to retract his question.

"I don't desire to-" Maki began to decline.

*BRRRRRRING*

The bell rang, signifying the beginning of everyone's first class.