XXVI

Cassie's POV

Cassie looked at the letter that had fallen on her lap just moments ago with curiosity. It was an early Friday morning and all her efforts were placed on keeping her eyes open and trying to coax herself into eating some breakfast, the last thing she wanted was to faint due to low levels of sugar.

"Who's it from?" George asked, sitting next to her. A place that until recently had always been occupied by her friend Grace, who now sat in front of her, clearly not pleased with this new arrangement. Cassie put down her cup of tea and turned the white envelope to see the sender's address, when she read her own house's, she relaxed.

"It's from my dad." She replied, not looking up from the envelope. It was unlike her father to send letters, mainly he only replied to the ones she sent him so Cassie couldn't say that she wasn't intrigued by the contents of it. Hurriedly, she tore open the seal and took out a piece of parchment with way too much writing. Usually he only asked if she was doing alright at school and nothing more. Had something happened?

George seemed to notice her frown. "Is everything okay?" He mildly squeezed her hand with clear worry in his eyes. Two weeks had passed since they started with the hoax, and everyday it seemed a little bit easier to pretend, to fall into this new reality.

She looked at him, "I hope so." And fixed her eyes back on the letter, to start reading it.

Cassandra,

He was using her full name, it was a bad start.

I hope this letter finds you well. First and foremost I hope you're enjoying your classes and not letting your grades slip, remember that however fun you think Hogwarts is, it's still a school and I expect that studying is still one of your top priorities.

Uh? What was he getting at?

You're a grown woman now, and as such, I believe I have never once doubted your judgement but I do resent being kept in the dark, and most of all, coming to the realisation that you do not deem me important enough to tell me such things.

Yesterday morning I received an invitation by owl. Molly Weasley was kind enough to invite both of us to spend Easter with her family, claiming that you're such a lovely girl and she couldn't have wished for a better addition to the family.

Oh no...

Naturally I accepted the invitation, but further asked whatever did she mean by that, only to find out later by her handwriting, instead of yours, that you are currently dating one of her sons but left home dating the Davies boy.

So, I remind you again that you're in a school and as such I expect you to be focusing on your studies, not distracting yourself with boys. We will speak further of this during the next break.

However, Weasley is a good boy, I simply wished you would have seemed fit to tell me about it.

Love, Dad.

Shit. Shit. And more shit.

She dropped the letter back on the table and hid her face behind her hands. How had she been so stupid? It had totally slipped her mind that she was supposed to write to her dad about this. She blamed it on the fakeness of it all, nothing had really changed for her, so partly she didn't feel like she had anything to tell.

That had been a great mistake, not only was her father mad at her, he probably thought that she was out of control. If she thought about it, it was kind of frowned upon to have two different boyfriends in the span of five months. Shit.