Chapter 14: I Think I'm Drunk

Start from the beginning

If only you knew, Penelope. Sebastian said to himself.

"Pen! You have to check out this-" Poppy Sweeting took a pause over her words, you can tell she choked up at the view of Sebastian Sallow and flickered her brown eyes to him then to Penelope, "Uh...Sebastian?"

"Poppy." Sebastian greeted awkwardly.

Penelope's eyes were closing and her shoulders shrugged, signaling that she also didn't know why Sebastian Sallow was here in the first place.

Poppy gasped at her best friend, "I thought you two weren't on speaking terms?"

Sebastian stood there, wanting to leave the place and prevent any more chaos, but his eyes slowly lowered to Penelope to see what she would answer.

As expected, Penelope scoffed out with a stumble, "P-Poppy! Shut it? He's around here." She joked.

Sebastian swallowed, not knowing how to proceed with her. He couldn't leave her there. It was just impossible at this point. Penelope was out of it.

"And no we aren't speaking," Penelope pointed at Sebastian confidently, "We aren't speaking because you, sir, professor, man, whatever you are, are mean."

There was a lot Sebastian wanted to tell her over the drunk truth that was coming out of her, but he chewed up his responses and instead cleared his throat.

"You're drunk, come on-"

"Where's Percy?" Penelope suddenly asked, her body twisting rapidly over the crowd, "I swear he..."

"Oh, Pen! Have you lost your memory already? He left earlier. You even said goodbye to him like three times." Poppy giggled.

Penelope gave out a raspy grunt, "Oh, n-no. But-but, we were having such a g-good time bonding over our parentless families!" She complained.

Sebastian stepped back a little as Penelope confronted him and lifted a finger, barely touching his chest as she murmured out.

"You would've bonded very well with us too."

Poppy Sweeting's mouth parted at the unexpected statement that came out of Penelope. Her eyes were speechless as she held her drink.

"I-I think she's drunk!" Poppy reflected on Sebastian.

"You are both drunk, Poppy." Sebastian corrected in a serious tone.

Poppy rolled her eyes at him, "I am alright..." she hiccuped, "Are you having a drink with us, Sebastian? Is Cecil around? Oh, wait—"

Poppy caught her own tongue, putting a hand over her mouth after her words, and stared at Penelope in front of her.

"I think I am drunk." Poppy gasped.

Penelope gave off a hurting laugh at the reminder and stepped away from Sebastian. Sebastian watched her, nervously on the honest reaction.

"Oh, right," Penelope chuckled, raising a hand over him, wiggling her ring finger over him, "Mister engaged."

There was a spiraling moment for Sebastian Sallow in that very crowded room. Maybe, it was wrong to show up. Maybe, it was wrong to read that owl. Maybe, he should leave her there. She is no longer his responsibility.

Sebastian ignored Penelope, but his hand stayed over her arm as he turned over at Poppy Sweeting.

"Poppy, I believe it is not very professional to be taking an important Hogwarts visitor on such times like these into a drinking fest, don't you think?" Sebastian said in worry.