6. Celestial Decree

Začít od začátku

"This species offers much promise. This males body is powerful and also adaptable and his brain has also developed to understand and use the world around him. There is also morality in him as well and he understands life as well and he seems to be fighting for the . If he is the future of this race then it will be worth advancing them." Arishem said to his fellow Celestials.

"Indeed. His genetic material is devoid of any negative traits and can be said to be the greatest specimen of his species at the current time. I have already collected some samples in the storage." Gammenon said as it looked at the judge.

"However he will die if left alone." Another Celestial said as it looked at the unconscious Michael.

"What do you propose?" Arishem asked the Celestial.

"Turn him immortal and make him protect the species." The Celestial said to the judge.

"A good point. Yes, I shall turn him into an immortal that cannot be killed." Arishem said as it's hand glowed and Michael was covered in that glow for a second.

Gammenon immediately got the statistics regarding the changes and all the other Celestials also understood it as well.

Michael then soon became conscious again as he slowly opened his eyes and his eyes widened when he saw Arishem in front of him as he panicked. But then he remembered what had happened not too long ago as his body sagged a bit in turn.

'What happened when I was unconscious?' Michael thought to himself in worry.

"Listen boy." Arishem said to him as it's voice was heard inside Michael's head.

"Huh?" Michael let out a noise in surprise.

"You are in charge of protecting this planet and it's species for evolution." Arishem said to him through his mind.

"Me?" Michael said in shock and surprise.

"You will ensure the continuation of your species and its evolution." Arishem said to him through his mind.

"Why should I do it?" Michael asked the God a bit nervously.

"Because we want you to. I know that you have been fighting for those species and so you will continue with it and ensure that your race will evolve to reach the same stage as you." Arishem said to him in its booming voice in his mind.

"Okay." Michael said as he looked at the deity, not really sure what to feel about how he has become some kind of warden for humans.

"To that end we have given you the powers of immortality and with it you shall never die." Arishem said to him causing Michael's eyes to widen in shock.

"I'm immortal." Michael said shocked at the words of the Celestial.

"Yes. You will not die no matter what, but do not make the mistake of thinking that you're invulnerable. You are still a human, albeit with the added fact of being immortal and having greater regeneration as a consequence of it, nothing more, nothing less." Arishem said to him in his mind.

"Oh, well, I guess that is a bonus." Michael said after a few seconds when he digested that fact.

'So, I'm immortal but other than that I don't have any other increase in my powers.' Michael thought to himself as he looked at Arishem.

By then the other three Celestials were also done with their own experiments on the ape men. From one ship, the Eternals flew out of it and went away, from another, the Deviants were released into the world as they ran through the forests, the last one had the same ape men released back where they had been picked with no visible change in them, but Michael knew better about what changes had been done to them.

'Eternals, Deviants and Mutants.' Michael thought to himself as he watched the three new species being released back to the Earth.

"You will ensure that the third species and the normal ones will evolve and protect them from those who try to harm them." Arishem said to him in his mind.

"I understand. I will protect them." Michael said with a nod when he heard that.

"Good. Make sure to do that properly." Arishem said in his mind.

Then Michael felt himself falling downwards as he picked up speed, but nothing happened to him as he reached the ground and came to a halt before he fell on the ground. But he immediately landed on his feet as he then looked at the Celestials in the sky.

He stared at them as the Celestials disappeared one by one until all of them were gone. He then turned to look around him and understood that he is outside of the garden now.

"Well, the Eternals, Deviants and Mutants have been created, I have become immortal as well. And now I have a job specifically given by the Celestials." Michael said as he summed up the things that had happened to him.

He looked at his hands before he looked at a piece of rock on the ground, he picked it up and hit it on another rock, causing it to break, after which he used the sharp end of the rock to cut his left arm a bit.

To his astonishment, while the cut did happen and he could feel the pain, the wound was healed very quickly, almost instantaneously to be precise. He looked at his arm in fascination at the new ability he has just got.

"Wow." Michael simply said in astonishment.

'Well, I guess this will help me after all.' Michael thought to himself as a smile spread across his face.