"Don't pretend like you're doing this out of the goodness of your heart. You just want the credits!" Wolffe wanted to punch them so badly, but he was patient. He took another step back, and they went closer to him.

Vornia paused before their lips peeled, flashing all of their sharp teeth. "What's wrong with wanting a couple credits? They won't miss them."

"And you know what her parents will say to her?" Wolffe glanced to the cadets. "Shoot, you're back.."

Vornia shrugged. "Not my problem."

Wolffe inwardly cursed.

He gave the cadets one job.

One fucking job.

"Then they might shoot her!" Wolffe loudly said, hoping the cadets might pick up on what he was saying.

"Okay? I really don't care." Vornia examined their nails.

"And after they shoot Karina, they'll shoot you. You really think they'll give you your credits?" Wolffe glowered at the cadets.

A shot fired out, hitting their target.

Karina.

They shot Karina.

"What the kark is wrong with you?" Wolffe lunged, grabbing his blasters from the floor.

Vornia threw her knife, hitting one of the cadets in the shoulder. He fell with a grunt, and his brothers started attacking Vornia.

"You said 'shoot Karina'!" Bones defensively said. "So we did!"

"'Shoot' was the signal to shoot Vornia!" Wolffe shouted, ducking to avoid a blaster bolt. "We went over this!"

"This is our first mission! Sorry if it's not as smooth as you hoped for!" Sparks snapped before getting hit in the chest. He collapsed and Mistake pulled him behind a crate for safety.

"Why wasn't it set to stun?" Wolffe demanded. 

Mistake popped up from behind the crate. "You didn't tell us to!"

"It's common sense!" Wolffe yelled, pushing Bones aside so he didn't get hit.

"Who else is down?" Wolffe asked. He narrowed his eyes at Vornia, who was hiding just behind the doorway of the ship, peeking out occasionally to shoot at them.

"Fizzle," Mistake reported before tripping. He hit his head on the ground and went limp.

Wolffe resisted the urge to facepalm. "Someone protect him."

Scruffs dragged Mistake away and knelt beside him, checking his pulse. "He's fine."

"Good. And whoever shot Karina will have to explain this to Stunner!" Wolffe finally landed a shot on Vornia, and they crumpled. "Bones, go wake Stunner. We have several injured people for him to attend to."

Bones nodded and jogged away.

Wolffe picked Karina up, holding her gently on his arms. "Scruffs, carry the most injured down."

"Probably Sparks." Scruffs threw Sparks over his shoulder.

"Let's go down to the medical bay. We'll come back for the others." Wolffe led the way down.

Stunner was blearily wiping his eyes, yawning. "It's the middle of the night. Why'd you wake me?"

Wolffe delicately placed Karina on one of the beds. Scruffs was not so gentle, roughly dropping Sparks on one as well.

"What happened to them?" Stunner took out a kit of medical supplies, grabbing the bacta and the gauze.