Ch 35 | The Three Words

Start from the beginning

I also became fixated at the view just like the kids beside me.

Although there was a lot of weight of worries upon Y/n Yl/n, she still maintained a smile on her tired face. I stared as her ruffled knitted dress Agnes sowed up waved over at each movement. Or how her aura just made a difference.

"She is tired." Colin let out softly.

I broke out of my daydreaming thoughts from Colin's exposure and turned at him again, "Hm? Are you mind-reading, again, Colin?"

Colin didn't turn to me, but he kept his hands rubbed together as he still watched Y/n, "I cannot control it. It's a natural thing, sir."

I opened my mouth slightly trying to understand him, but he continued.

"She is tired of being the hero all the time." Colin confessed out.

I blinked twice at the truth, and now crossed my arms, leaning more over the window and furrowed my brows, attempting not to be nosy over his confessions.

"I'm doing my best to help her." Was all I could produce.

"You gave her a cursed butterfly, Sir Sallow," Colin now turned at me, "How is that helping her?"

I began to feel speechless over the eight-year-old's words. How can someone with such an age, yet a gift say so much?

I cleared my throat, "Colin, I believe you are misunderstanding the adult meaning. The butterfly is not cursed."

The butterfly was cursed, but not in the way it was interpreted. Did I use dark magic for it? Yes. Did I do an entire risky ritual for it? Yes. Was it hurting her? No.

"Your thoughts are clear." Colin noticed.

Shit, of course, I was open-minded over him.

Again, I let out a clear of throat as I shuffled a bit upward, standing up from the window and keeping my arms crossed.

"Then you'll know it's no harm. Not in the way it's being shown, Colin." I reassured him, leaning more toward his face so others wouldn't suspect the deep conversation.

Colin fidgeted with his pale fingers, a green lollipop in between his hands as his feet kicked the wooden wall behind him.

"Y/n cares about you a lot."

My eyes viewed over at the girl across. The same wry smile and glowy skin illuminated the room as she talked softly over another female.

"It's not very gentlemanly of you to invade that way." I joked, elbowing him in the process.

"I'm not invading her head, Sir Sallow." Colin giggled to himself, "Everyone can just tell."

My smile wanted to fade from my face. Not in a negative way, but it was a more intimidating feel to hear the truth. I knew Y/n Y/l/n cared about me. There was so much patience within her that I couldn't give back. It was just the reality.

And I stared at her. I stared too much. As if I was making up all the staring I didn't give her the last year.

"I don't deserve her, do I?" I asked.

I already knew the answer, but it was more reassuring when an innocent child answered. It was a mythical thing to know that children never lied.

"No." Colin said bluntly.

I nodded, not even defending it.

"But I don't think anyone cares a lot about her like you do too." Colin revealed.