"Well, duh. I would never bail on you, Ems." You shrugged jokingly as you shook your head softly. The brunette ushered for you to come inside, where you were greated by four other young people, but only one stood out as you felt the faded shake in your legs return. The one person you didn't plan on seeing ever again, was right there, comfortably sitting on the couch you had spent hours on, and had even spent multiple nights sleeping on.

The group of friends gazes all dropped on you, and you were greeted by multiple smiles and hello's, but your eyes were fixated on the same person who had ruined what was supposed to be the best night of your life just a few days ago. Maybe ruined was over exaggerating, but you couldn't care less. Their eyes fell on you, a guilty look on their face as their cheeks began to grow red.

You felt a warm body step next to you, Emily wanting to introduce you to her other friends. "Okay, so this is Amybeth, Lollie, Kiki, and that's Bella." She pointed at each of the young people, snapping you away from your thoughts as you forced yourself to smile at each individual, even Bella's. Bella. Bella. Bella. Why did that name sound so familiar?

Sure, you had heard Emily talk about several of her friends before, including Bella, telling you about how great she thought you'd match with each of them, but there was something else you recognised them from. "Hi." You nervously said as you continued to stand beside Emily, almost too scared to move. "Sorry, she's a big fan of The Last Of Us, I believe she watched it ten times when it came out? She could practically recite the entire show around february." The dark-haired girl explained as she grinned, everything starting to come together for you now.

That's where you knew them from. You had spent over a month obsessing over the show, and the LGBTQ+ storylines had managed to occupy your mind for weeks after you had finished the show, all the heartache you had endured during your first watch still feeling fresh. Emily had never mentioned being friends with the lead actor on the show, but that had probably been for the better, as you could never find a way to behave yourself around the celebrities you had grown so fond over it was almost scary.

More of the puzzle pieces started to fall into place as your mind wandered back to Emma, and how they had talked about doing an interview with Bella, therefore also being acquaintances with the famous actor that was sitting right in front of you. "Yeah, excuse me." You said with a hint of sarcasm, enough to make Bella's cheeks grow even hotter as your gaze left theirs.

"What movie are we watching?" You asked as you sat down on the opposite side of the couch, Amybeth being the only person keeping you from Bella. Making sure they had a complete view of you, you made yourself comfortable, for as far as that was possible with the people you had never met before. "Some classic movie Lollie swears by." Kiki answered, shaking their head while letting out soft chuckle.

Amybeth stood up after being asked to help out Emily with the drinks and the snacks, leaving just Bella on the sofa. Their gaze never left the floor as their cheeks were still cooling down from before. The air between the two of you felt both cold and distant as the other two began laughing and interacting with one another. You couldn't help but feel bad about before, but the second images of your dress popped up in your head, all that guilt seemed to fade away.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

After approximately an hour into the most mediocre film you had ever witnessed, you excused yourself to get a drink from the kitchen. The awkwardness was still there, but Amybeth had exchanged several words with you, making you feel less alone as Emily was all the way on the other side of the room.