Ch. 1, Hide-and-Seek

"James!" Calliope yells out. Her shout echoing throughout the green, crowded forest, trees askew from all angles. Shortly beginning to call out all four of the boys' names.

She is afraid to leave the position that the boys left her, but as nearly eight minutes passes, she feels as though she has no choice except to walk around the gloomy timber and sharp shrubbery.

"A simple game of hide 'n seek" she huffed to herself as she began to gently place her foot against the wild sticks and puddles of slightly dry mud.

They usually played hide-and-seek just outside of the forbidden forest, but due to years of practice it was shown to be not only incredibly easy for Calliope to find them, but also difficult for them to find new places to hide from her "all-seeing eyes" as sirius jokingly calls them.

Before officially leaving her post, Calliope took a step back and she left a signal of sorts that would allow her to realize where she was instead of going in circles. She may not be brave like the Gryffindors amongst her, but she undoubtedly had at least some ravenclaw wits -- perhaps the boys would disagree.

As she walks through the forbidden forest, her paranoia gets the best of her, enabling her to look behind both her shoulders every time a single crack or pop would reverberate through the tall trees.

"Remmy!" she shouts out, hoping to get the attention of her taller, more openly compassionate friend. She knew if she were to repeat herself, he would eventually come out, not wanting to worry her. She smirks at the tactic as this was something she explored in the past when she was close to losing. "Rem! Remus!" She says, feigning a panicked tone in her voice, although considering where she was that wasn't a hard task.

Soon enough, branches begin to creak, and Calliope turns to face the sound, hiding her smirk. Remus emerges from large bushes, stepping on the lush underbrush. "Cal...you okay?" he says in a concerned tone as he joins the girl's side.

"Sorry, Rem...I was really nervous all alone out here," She puts on her best frown, "I feel better with you here..."

"Oh," Remus puts an arm around her shoulder, gently giving a small squeeze to her knitted sweater, hoping to provide her some security, "Sorry love. It isn't the most welcoming area here, huh?"

"Mhm, help me look for the boys?" she shyly smiles, hoping that sweet spot he has for her extends as far as to appease this request.

A light chortle escapes his mouth, "I would be breaking the rules. You can do it, love."

A groan leaves Calliope's mouth as she is denied her request, "Fine. I'll remember this later, Lupin." Remus pats her shoulder, "Yeah, you do that."

Remus replaces the hand that was on her shoulder to grasp her hand in his. They walk through the forest, commenting on the wildlife and the beautiful, but miniscule details of the gloomy woodland.

"Wait...is that..? Peter?" she mutters in an inquisitive tone as leaves in the distance rustle gently. "Go find out", Remus shrugs.

She releases his hand and slowly navigates her way to the large tree. She peaks behind it and realizes no one was there. She turns back, but immediately regrets her decision. She is met with Sirius. He stands on his toes to make himself larger and makes a noise intended to scare her. Calliope jumps back with fear and a small noise escapes her mouth.

"Got ya!" Sirius claps as he laughs wholeheartedly. "Lovely job, Cal. Only took you..." He trails off looking at his nonexistent watch, twenty minutes?"

"Oh shut it." she rolls her eyes playfully.

"Remus!" He lets out a chuckle, noticing the lanky boy standing to the side, "Did she manage to catch you or perhaps you fell for her 'I'm scared, Remmyyy...help me.' scheme once again?" Sirius says, mocking Calliope's voice.