Chapter 2-Family

He goes out to breakfast to see his grandparents sitting at the table and gets concerned. They were the only other people who weren't lost to the demons of this world. His mum had three other sisters before the demons took them at an early age when she was seven. A demon disguised itself as their mother and called them out early in the morning from the window while his mum was just in the bathroom. When she came back, she saw her sisters gone and a demon smiling from outside the window. At that moment, she knew her sisters were gone. She was the youngest of the three but still the smartest and became a part-time nurse and a stay-at-home mom.

"Why's the whole family here, Mum?" he asked.

Mum told him they were visiting because Grandpa's house had burnt down. He understood and sat at the table. While eating breakfast, Granny asked when he was going to cut his hair, but he didn't respond.

"Father, his gift shows when we cut anything of his, including his hair, so I don't want to show the world until we're ready. Plus, his hair doesn't grow fast enough after it's cut. I'll buy a machine next week and cut his hair," Dad said.

Grandpa understood and left it alone, then started talking to Cyrus. "How's school?" he asked.

"It's okay, I guess. Our teachers handle demons if they attack, and we're pretty safe. Speaking of demons, I was attacked by one in the morning," he replied.

"Oh, okay. Well, that wraps everything up. I'll go check if we can get a new house, so we'll be gone by Wednesday."

!