02. Hangover

Depuis le début

The amount of patience Emma still had with you even though you had both been rude, clingy, and super drunk, was truly surprising to you as your mind still seemed unable to process anything of what was going on at the moment. In a way, Emma felt like your older sibling, which was oddly comforting, especially in the scenario you currently found yourself in. The celebrities that were passing by your table didn't even earn a glance as you were too focused on both your thoughts and the water bottle in your hands. "I just feel like shit, you know? Does it get like this every time you drink too much?" You wondered out loud, a frown on your face as the headache was starting to get the best of you.

Even though the bright lights had been cut off during the break, it still felt like too much was going on. The crowded room and all the chatter weren't exactly helping. "Basically, yes." They chuckled, almost mocking you, but in a way you knew was your own fault. "Fuck's sake, I'm like never drinking again." A sigh escaped your mouth as you rolled your eyes, only worsening the headache, causing you to wince out of pain. This was going to be a long night.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Waking up with one of your very first hangovers was uncomfortable to say the least. As the sunlight radiated through your hotel room, you couldn't help but hate yourself for not closing the curtains the night before. All you remember was getting into your room, and almost immediately dozing off. You had at least had the decency to take off your makeup, which you were very grateful for. After doing that, you assumed you ripped the stained dress off of you and headed straight to bed, because the dress was currently on your hotel room floor.

Your phone rested on the bedside table, which you quickly unplugged from the charger, starting your day with replying to the texts people had most likely sent you about the award your show had received the night before. Nothing really stood out, except for Emily's seventeen missed messages. This amount wasn't unusual for her, but you were still concernced and quickly opened the chat. The first eleven messages were her celebrating your win with lots of both cringe and disgusting emoji combinations you wanted to delete from your brain forever.

The other texts however, were less teasing. At first she began to talk about how you had gone trending on twitter, and these messages were followed up with multiple links and even screenshots of articles people had already written about the night before. You had also missed several phone calls of hers, worrying you even more. It was hard to resist, but you managed not to check any of the links or photos before clicking on the call button. No facetime this time, as everything about you screamed hangover.

It felt as if the headache you had last night had only gone stronger as you waited for your friend to pick up the phone. She practically yelled your name when she picked up, causing you to wince out of pain. "Hangover." Was all you managed to get out as you rubbed your temples. The clock on your phone told you it was 12 PM, meaning you had slept for over thirteen hours. This didn't seem to process, because you felt so tired it was hard to keep your eyes open. "That bad, huh? How late did you leave the afterparty?" The dark-haired girl asked you as you began to get out of your messy bed.

"I didn't even go. I immediately went home after the show, what's with all the links and shit you sent me?" You asked, still curious as to what was going on. "You really were that drunk, weren't you? Everyone's talking about your behaviour while accepting the award. Which first of all, WE WON A FUCKING GOLDEN GLOBE!" She yelled into the phone again, clearly still on a high about it all. You hadn't even began to process what happened last night, let alone the award your show won.