The Origins of Midori

You find your hands upon a document from an unknown seller on the dark web and were told of it's contents.

"This shit's real weird and sketchy for a Japanese company, I tell ya what," he retorts, "But obviously you gotta keep this shit on the down-low. If they find out you have this, it's possible you could be sued for being in possession of a classified company document."

You wave the stranger off and unfold the paper. It seemed notably real, with Shuji Utsumi's signature at the bottom, and was mostly in Japanese. Consulting a friend who knew some Japanese, they told you it's contents contained some form of "original character" made to "combat a problematic community" to the Sonic the Hedgehog brand. There were no references to the character or its name inside of the document, nor the specific initiative this character would be used for, nor what community is to be affected by them. It seemed like a standard document outlining and addressing a concern with secretive action.

Folding the paper back up, you and your Japanese-learning friend say your goodbyes and you get back home, hoping to start researching problematic parts of the community and ruling things out.

However, as soon as you turn on your computer and open your browser of choice, you check your mailing service and find an interesting message from the seller.

They managed to grab information on this character.

_______________________________________________________

MIDORI is the first STTA (Space-Time Transcendent AI) of its kind, designed with the intent to silently add itself to computers and infect text documents, fraudulent roms and romhacks, and anything pertaining to Sonic content with any signs of blood, traumatic events, or horror content related to the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. There are no limits to the devices it transfers into, what time period it travels into, or even distances between each device.

Out of sheer laziness, much like how SEGA typically reuses assets in multiple Sonic games, they asked a Sonic fan to adorn their oc's look to this, as well as personality and memory. The first test was through a browser game that only very few people played and was investigated into by the FBI for psychosis-induced fear being caused in most players who played it. It gave the browser system.access permissions so it could smartly remove all content related to the things mentioned in the prior paragraph from the computer.

One might ask how this AI even blends in, but it's rather simple: they insert themselves into these written, drawn or made mediums. They insert narratives into text, themselves into artwork, and even into videos. This isn't unlike SORA or other AI-driven algorithms, but it's much more efficient and far more accurate, down to the very pixel of every frame and every letter, even constructing new things in real-time to remove them in THIS fashion.

Many on the internet accused the owner of the original character of glorifying the death of every exe character, but due to a disclosure agreement could do nothing but deny these false claims.

They also blend in in a very peculiar way- they add the main features of the exe they've come to exterminate onto the original character with its own spin, e.g. Xenophanes' crystal spikes occur on the ends of Midori's hair, Midori's hair is shifted more upwards to moreso copy a bit of the spiny look of Xeno's hair, and the crystal spikes in question are yellow-coloured, yellow eyes behind dark whites, etc.

This helps them blend in to fit the EXE architecture and to make the community think an insider is doing it from the inside, rather than an operative of SEGA Enterprises.

In some cases, Midori can absorb some power from these horrid creatures, thereby gaining their powers and making it easier through each runabout to get rid of them.

The following exe's have been eliminated by Midori prior to the story:

- Rewrite
- Xenophanes
- EXE
- Hog/Scorched
- Sonic.OMT
- 2011 X
- 2017 X

By this point prior to the story, the AI has learned so much about facades and how these exes utilize that sometimes, and how unforgiving and lethal they are, so they go for the next one with feeling...

OMT- 2011 X- 2017 XBy this point prior to the story, the AI has learned so much about facades and how these exes utilize that sometimes, and how unforgiving and lethal they are, so they go for the next one with feeling

Midori, taking the features of 2017 X