Chapter Six: Graveyard Special

Beginne am Anfang

Despite the fact that my girlfriend was at work, I couldn't shake the sense of nervous anticipation that coursed through my veins. It wasn't that I had any doubts about spending time alone with Malena – far from it. Rather, it was the undeniable thrill of being in her presence, of having her all to myself for an entire evening, that left me feeling both exhilarated and apprehensive all at once.

As the clock ticked closer to the appointed time, I found myself pacing anxiously, my mind awash with a whirlwind of emotions. Would she enjoy the movie I had chosen? Would she find my company entertaining enough to warrant a return visit? The questions swirled around in my head, each one adding to the mounting sense of anticipation that threatened to consume me whole.

I received a text from my girlfriend Poppy, informing me that she was on her third break for the graveyard shift. "Alright, I love you. Have a good night," I replied, keeping my message brief. As I hit send, a knock echoed through my front door, signaling that Malena had arrived for our movie night. Excitement surged through me, but beneath it all, a nervousness lingered.

You see, I've found myself drawn to Malena in a way that I can't quite explain. Despite having a girlfriend, things haven't been great between Callie and me. We've been drifting apart, with Callie growing increasingly distant. My friend Chris even suggested that there might be another guy in the picture. The thought gnaws at me, stirring up a whirlwind of doubts and insecurities.

But before I can dwell on it any longer, my phone rings, Malena's caller ID flashing on the screen. I answer quickly, eager to hear her voice. "Okay! I'll be right there," I assure her before hanging up, pushing aside my worries for the moment.

As I rose from my comfortable spot on the couch, my anticipation building with each step towards the front door, my heart skipped a beat as I caught sight of Malena standing there, a vision of effortless beauty. She wore an oversized band tee that hugged her frame in all the right places, paired with sleek black leggings that accentuated her curves. Her hair was styled in intricate double French braids, framing her face in a cascade of soft waves, while her thick-framed glasses added a touch of intellectual charm to her look.

A smile spread across her lips as our eyes met, and the warmth in her gaze enveloped me like a comforting embrace. "Hey, Rick! I'm so happy we could do this," she greeted me, her voice a soothing melody that washed over me, banishing all the overthinking thoughts that had plagued my mind earlier.

In that moment, everything else faded into the background, leaving only Malena and me standing there, locked in a moment of shared connection and understanding. Her presence had a way of calming the storm within me, grounding me in the present and reminding me to let go of my worries and fears.

Returning her smile with one of my own, I felt a sense of relief wash over me, grateful for the opportunity to spend this time with her. As I stepped aside to let her into my home, I couldn't help but marvel at the way she effortlessly brought light and joy into my life, filling the space around her with her infectious energy and positivity.

Little did I know, this movie night would mark the beginning of a journey that would change everything, igniting a spark between us that would only grow stronger with each passing day. But for now, in this moment, all that mattered was the simple pleasure of being in Malena's company, sharing laughter and conversation as we settled in for a night of movies and memories.

•~❉᯽❉~•─