Chapter 6: The Fireworks I won't forget

Start from the beginning

Yae: Where are you going with this?

Kocho: I think there was someone involved when onii-chan got into that accident.

Shin: Someone involved?

Kocho: Yeah. I mean....

Kocho: I think there was someone....

Kocho: And even Fuutarou-nii can't remember or probably, he never saw that person because what he saw was the aftermath of that event.

Shin: And that someone is your suspect?

Kocho: I read the local articles when the incident happened. I'm glad they didn't release any information about nii-chan.

Kocho: From the said article, there was information about nii-chan saving someone from the accident.

Kocho: The source didn't identify their identity either.

Shin: Just like Aoto, it is for safety reasons.

Shin: But if that was the case, if Aoto really saved someone....

Shin: Could it be connected to what happened before the accident?

Yae: If I remember it correctly, Fuutarou was also looking for Aoto on that day.

Shin: Do you have any further leads, Kocho?

Kocho: Unfortunately, no helpful leads. Most of them are vague, I mean, I guess the accident was quickly resolved.

Kocho: Right?

Shin: Yes. It was a pure accident. But of course, we were compensated for what happened.

Kocho: *sigh*

Kocho: No leads.

Kocho: But Dad, the doctor said that onii-chan's retrograde amnesia is not really that severe, right?

Shin: Yes. They say that there is a possibility that your brother will be able to recall all of his memories and will retain them even beyond a week.

Kocho: So, there is still hope.

Yae: Though, I would say that maybe....

Yae: Maybe Aoto should have unreplaceable memories. Memories that he'll cherish forever.

Yae: Something that would made a lasting impact.

Shin: And care to explain what are those?

Yae: It's simple actually.

Yae: Aside from trauma, which was the cause of Aoto's situation, another one is for him to fall in love.

Kocho: Mom, are you secretly dissing onii-chan just because he doesn't have any female friends?

Yae: He doesn't have any friends in general.

Shin: Oof.

Kocho: Mom.....

Yae: But that is the thing I can think of.

Yae: Then who knows, we don't know how it will go for Aoto.

Shin: You know girls....

The two of them looked at Shin.

Shin: Aoto is someone who I can tell to be unpredictable. He was like that ever since he was a kid.

Shin: If you don't believe me, remember back in his 5th grade where he won that art contest when he merely based it from one of my preliminary sketches?