2. Amy

My eyes opened to a unfamiliar surrounding. The beeping sound of the machine was heard. The smell of disinfectant is in the air. I get up, no one is in the room. I look here and there. How did I end up here? After few minute, I recalled everything. The phone call conversation between my brother and my best friend. I felt so angry. They have been using me. I felt so useless. How can I be so stupid? I became a fool.

The door of the room opens, a young man comes in. He is tall, looks handsome in that customized suit and his aura is magnificent. "Thank god. You woke up." He says gently.

I stare at the man. "Is there something on my face? Or Am I too handsome?" 

"Ah" I come out of my daze. "I am sorry." I say "Thank you so much for helping me. I didn't realize where I was walking. Thank you." I stop myself, I don't want to embarrass myself in front of a total stranger.

"My pleasure, be careful, next time." He says. "May I know your name?"

"Why do you want to know my name?" I ask.

"Isn't it convenient for me to know the name of the person I helped, despite me being in my office to attend a important meeting?" He says.

"Amy." I say. He is right, he might be busy, but then also he is here, helping me, a total stranger. There's still kindness in the word of evil people. After the information I heard, I believed that people use other people for their greed. Trusting people is very difficult. You have no idea, whether the people in front of you is good or evil. But seeing this man, I can feel that kindness and humanity still exist in this world.

"Amy. Nice name." He says.

"Thanks. If you don't mind, may I know your name?"

He thinks for a moment, look at me, a small smile appears on his well sculptured face. "Adam Clark." 

"Thank you so much, Mr. Clark. I will always remember your kindness. Hope, I can repay your kindness, someday." 

"How will you repay?" He asks with curiosity.

"In any way possible." I say with earnestly.

"You will do anything?"

"Anything, that's under my limit."

"Okay."

"Don't tell me you want my kidney." I say jokingly.

"How do you know that? You are smart." He looks at me with a very serious face. I got scared, he wants my kidney. What will he do to my kidney? Is he an human organ dealer? It's illegal,right?

He laughs. "I am sorry. It was a joke. Please, relax" 

I sighed in relief. "You scared me." 

"Don't worry, I won't do anything illegal. I am law-abided citizen." He assures me. 

Doctor and nurse comes in the room, the doctor checks my vitals, "You need to take rest. And also..." Doctor pauses for a second. "You need to file complaint. You have to set yourself free from the toxic relation that you are in. Enduring domestic violence will only make your health worst. Not just physically, but also mentally. If you need our help, we can give you a full body check up, and report." The doctor says kindly.

I look away, I couldn't look in her eyes, the marks on my body are so evident. I feel ashamed. "I don't know......" I couldn't complete the sentence, words were struck.

"Sometimes letting go and moving on from a relationship is the best way to live your life." Adam quotes.

"He is right. Sometime letting go and freeing yourself from that unwanted relation, is the right choice to make. It's not selfish to think about your own happiness. Everyone deserve to be happy. We have the choice to be happy or sad." Doctor says, pats my shoulder and leaves us in the room.

I can't look at Adam. I keep my head down, staring my lap, which is covered by the blanket.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of." Adam says softly. "You should not feel guilty, you are victim here. But, somewhere it's also your fault, you gave him power to do it. If you had taken action when he hit you for the first time, you wouldn't be in this state now. Let me tell you, you still have time in your hand, You know, if you don't do anything now, then your gonna regret it your whole life." He says, softly. "If you want to repay me. Repay me by letting yourself free. Be happy."

Listening to him, I got confidence and courage. They are right, I should let go of this relationship. I should free myself from this bond. "I will." I say with confidence.

"If you need my help, here" He hands me his business card.

"Thank you so much. I mean it. Thank you. Again."