"What is the time?" Nani asked. I hadn't really heard her voice since she teased me, but she read my mind about asking what the time was. Thanks, Nani.

"Oh, don't mind the weather and its tricks; it's just 7:19 PM," Uncle Will explained.

"Richardson, why don't you go back to your room?" Uncle Will suggested, like a father talking to his five-year-old son. It is funny.

"Don't worry, dad. In fact, let me show our guests their rooms instead of a maid," Richard protests happily, like a son trying to show he is grown up.

He showed us our rooms, and as he showed me my room, he gave me the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.

This isn't a room... This is a house. This is a house in the castle. There is a large TV in the big, large, enormous living room, dinning room and there are five large rooms. WOW.

I quickly removed this oven dress. I took my bath and went into the wardrobe that is 22x bigger than my former slave room with so many dresses and beautiful skirts, shirts, blouses, trousers, shoes, flat shoes, fancy slippers, high-heel slippers, etc., with different colors.

I wore a nightgown since they will be serving us in our rooms. I heard a knock, assuming it is my food. I am so hungry.

I opened the door and guess who I saw... Hungry Nani. Ha ha ha.

"I am as hungry as hell; help me," she says, walking sluggishly into my room, my house rather.

"Language, Nani," I corrected like a mother talking to her daughter, and the daughter is rolling her eyes. Hahaha.

"Wow. Your room is more beautiful than mine. I think Prince Richard really likes Princess Alicia, and Princess Alicia really likes Prince Richard," Nani says teasingly.

"While Queen Nani likes My brother King Andrew, and King Andrew likes Queen Nani." Immediately I said that, Nani started blushing.

"Is it that obvious I like him?" She looked emotional by now.

"Yes, very well, and it is so obvious he likes you too," I said smiling.

"He does?" She asks, surprisedly.

"He does. You of all people should know that because you have known him for years," I convince her.

"Okay, what do you think I should do?" She asks advice from me.

"You need to just pray about it," I advise from what I know.

"Thanks. Everyone knows you...." She started but couldn't finish.

"I know, Nani. He is too beautiful and handsome at the same time, so I know I like him, and I think he likes me too," I casually reply.

"Babe, he does," she replies.

"Why are we talking about this?" I ask when my tummy rumbled for food.

"I don't know, maybe it is because we are hungry, and we are trying to forget about the hunger," she answers.

"May God help us," I say, laughing, and Nani joined.

We heard a knock at the door after three hours of chatting... FOOD!!

"FOOD!!" We said at the same time.

I and Nani rushed to the door As I spotted a maid carrying a tray of food, relief flooded through me.

"Ma'am, please forgive the wait," the maid apologized.

"Don't worry, in fact, bring my food here. I appreciate your service," I replied warmly, acknowledging her efforts.

To be honest, my kindness towards the maid stemmed from past experiences. Knowing she'd be loyal if asked to assist further, I aimed to foster a positive relationship.

"Ma'am, will you be dining here or should I take it to your room?" she inquired.

"Yes, please take it to my room. Thank you," Nani politely responded, perhaps emulating my earlier gesture.

"And what's your name?" I asked the maid.

"Casey," she replied with a friendly smile.

"I'm Alicia," I introduced myself.

"And I'm Nani," Nani added before we bid the maid goodbye and retreated to our rooms for our meal.

After indulging in a delightful meal of French pasta and savory sausages, I settled onto my plush bed with my sleek, new phone. As I connected to the WiFi and checked my messages, I came across one from Miss Jessica that shook me to the core.

THURSDAY 29TH OCTOBER, 2242

Miss Jessica:
Alicia, I miss you and love you. I hope you find what you are looking for. Since you left Mr. R...4:09am

*******

She never finished her sentence, and I realized Rudolf was likely responsible for her abrupt silence. The loss of my beloved aunt hit me hard, and tears flowed freely as grief washed over me.

THE NEXT MORNING

Nani's POV

I rose from my bed, having spent the night in prayer and peaceful slumber. After a refreshing shower, I selected a cozy ensemble suitable for the approaching December chill.

As I joined my friends, Alicia and Andrew, they greeted me warmly.

"Hi, how was your sleep?" Alicia inquired.

"Refreshing, thanks," I replied with a smile.

"Mine was nice," Andrew chimed in.

Interrupting our exchange, Richard interjected with a serious tone, signaling the need for a meeting.

Inside the meeting center, King William introduced us as Queen Alina's children and our trusted friend Nani. I felt a sense of importance wash over me.

After discussing the impending war and strategizing with the others, we finalized plans for our upcoming battle on December 30th.

Later, at dinner, Alicia attempted to sit close to me, but I moved away to avoid Richard's approach, much to her amusement.

As King William suggested grace, I felt a sense of peace holding Andrew's hand.

After dinner, as Alicia and I prepared for bed, we planned our attire for the next day. Despite our playful banter, I couldn't shake the weight of grief over Miss Jessica's message.

As I settled into bed, I whispered a prayer of gratitude before drifting off into a restless sleep.

*************

Hi people. I won't say much about this chapter but if u have any questions please ask in the comment box.

Make sure u V, C and S.
Guess what that is😅.

~giftedFortune