The next day, I hurried to Prof. Jacob's office. I knocked a few times before opening the door.

"Good morning, Zack!" he greeted with a smile.

"Good morning, Prof.," I greeted shyly. "I already read the letter, Prof."

"How was it? What's your decision? Would you pursue it? Or decline it?" Prof asked directly.

Even Prof. Jacob speaks straightforwardly. He doesn't know how to mince words.

"I will grab the opportunity!" I replied happily.

"That's good to hear!" he said cheerfully, shockingly. "After lunch, our training will begin."

I'm really excited. My dreams are slowly coming true. I need to focus because the cooking show starts here in the United Kingdom in just two weeks.

"Are you ready, Zack?" Prof asked me. We're here now in the training room.

"I'm feeling a bit nervous," I admitted shyly. "What if I fail? What if all Filipinos are disappointed because I lose? What if-"

"Stop," Prof. Jacob said seriously. "Zack, all Filipinos are waiting for you. They support you. Win or lose, they'll still support you as long as you do your job. Do your best. Think positive, Zack. We're both Filipinos here."

"Alright. I can do it!" I encouraged myself. "Thank you, Prof! Ipapanalo ko 'to!"

Iba't ibang Filipino dishes ang niluto na'min. May adobo, sinigang na baboy, carbonara at maraming pang iba. Binigyan na'ming twist ang bawat ulam. May mga dinagdagan kami para mas sumarap pa lalo.

Ilang araw ang ganitong routine na'min. Bawat luto, ibibigay na'min sa mga junior high school, para feeding program. 'Yon ang tanging naisip na'min ni Prof para hindi masayang ang pagkain, at para makatulong na rin kami sa mga kapwa na'ming tao.

When I got home, I felt really tired. I took a quick shower and lay down on my bed. Today was tough, and with the cooking show coming up in just two days, I was feeling the pressure. Knowing it would be shown live worldwide made it even more nerve-wracking.

I couldn't sleep; my mind was racing with thoughts of the competition and competing against chefs from all over the world.

Feeling anxious, I decided to call my Auntie Angeline in the Philippines. It was morning there, and I hoped she could comfort me.

"Hi, Auntie," I said when she answered. "I'm feeling really nervous."

With my parents busy with their new restaurant near our school, I felt a bit lonely.

"Zack, nervous is normal. Of course, you will be waving the Philippine flag, but the more important thing is do your best!"

"What if I failed? I want to go home there," I pouted my mouth.

"Come on," Auntie said seriously. "After the competition, you can go home. That's your dream, isn't it? So, go for it. Fight."

"Your family will always be proud of you, no matter what," Aunt Angeline said firmly. She encouraged me to use the competition as motivation to work harder.

Feeling a bit better, I took a deep breath.

"Just two more days until the real challenge," I said softly. "I hope I can make them proud, even if it's tough."

"Your competition is coming soon. All of us friends and your family are here to support. Win or lose, we are still proud of you!" I heard her voice's happy.

"I really hope she can watch me on TV. She's one of the reasons I'm here today," I said with a bittersweet smile.

Si Alyzza ang dahilan kung bakit pauloy pa rin ako lumalaban.