Chapter 1 - Playing fetch

I eat my packet of crisps, opening my note pad and drawing a stroke to signify another day on this island.

I've lost count. But I'm pretty sure it's been five years.

I finish off the packet of stale chips, loading my pistols with fresh ammo.

When I was younger, I was abandoned. Left alone. So, I did what I could. I found guns with some tranq darts, and some new clothes that I'm currently wearing; a singlet and some cargo pants. And since I've been active, I have a little boy of muscle now, and I'm quite in shape.

And you are probably wondering if I've run into any dinosaurs.

You bet.

My arms are littered with scars from recent encounters with the beasts, so I have proof. But the dinosaurs and me have sort of...bonded. In a way I can't explain.

There's one in particular that I get alone with.

I stuff some food and supplies in my back pack, zipping it up and throwing it over my shoulders. I walk out of the hotel room, down the flight of fire escape stairs, and out into the open.

There aren't many dinosaurs around the remains of the theme park; mainly the centre of the islands is where you'd find the big ones.

But there is one here.

I whistle, and the blue raptor darts out from an old building, stopping beside me.

This is Blue.

My one, and only friend.

I remember how I met her, and it replays in my mind like it had only happened yesterday.

•~Flashback~•

Five years ago

It was pouring with rain, and I was hungry, and tired. I had only been on the island for a few more days, and I wasn't going to make it.

But then, I heard a screech.

I turned and saw a raptor behind me, tilting it's head in confusion as it saw me.

I gulped.

Velociraptors were vicious, cruel, and always hungry. They would rip apart anything and everything, almost like a sport, They were mindless and savage.

And there was one in front of me.

I remembered her name. Blue. Easy to tell from the blue stripe. I remember seeing her with Owen, and her sisters, Delta, Echo and Charlie.

I was freaking out.

The raptor growled, and I then did something completely stupid.

I held out my hand.

Nothing happened for a moment, and I feared that the raptor was going to bite my hand off.

But then I felt it's snout press into my palm.

I remembered gasping, squeezing my eyes shut, think that this was the end, but after a while, I opened my eyes, and I saw that Blue was looking at me, and it was almost like she was smiling, with her snout in my palm.

•~End of Flashback~•

After that, we've been inseparable.

"Hey girl, you wanna play fetch?" I grin, and she screeches in agreement.

I dig into my bag, grabbing an old bone that we usually use, and I grasp it in my hands.

"Fetch!" I shout, throwing the bone has hard as I can.

Blue screeched, chasing after. Two seconds later, she was back again, and she dropped the bone at my feet, wagging her tail like a dog.

I pick the bone up again and throw it, and yet again, she chases it, catches it, and comes back.

I am about to throw it again, when I hear a defiant roar.

Blue snaps out of her puppy mode and growls, coming to my side and wrapping her tail around me protectively.

The ground rumbles once.

Then again.

Then again.

Blue snarls, screeching loudly. I swear my ears almost started to bleed. Man, she's loud!

Around the corner, a large dinosaur appears, growling showing it's razor sharp teeth.

Not just any dinosaur.

A T-Rex.

And she looks P'ed off.

---------------

-- The pic on side is Blue :P

Will be more and will be mistakes.