1

Summer was almost over. You could feel the warm breeze flowing past, almost wiggling the leaves telling them fall will arrive soon. As the wind dances past, the grass rattles and the forest sounds alive. You have never been particularly good at reading maps, and instead of arriving through the main passage you ended up plowing your way through a narrow overgrown stone path. It takes you through a dark green forest with so much foliage you start to wonder if you should just turn back and call for help or directions. According to the map I should have only had to walk for 5 minutes, but I have been wondering around for what feels like ages. As i start to feel lightheaded you wonder what consequences there will be if you have too keep dragging your heavy bag up this hill for any longer. But in the midst of your pondering you arrive at an opening, and you begin to see what will be your home for the next years to come. Jujutsu High.

As you turn around the corner of the school you can see what you think is the main entrance. You spot a guy who you assume is a teacher of some sort. He is trying to make contact with a white haired student that wears black sunglasses and would rather slouch over and look at his phone then listen to what's being said too him. Your eyes wonder over to the last person there. It was a tall guy with dark hair put up in a bun on the top of his head. He is standing straight only holding a small green bag over his shoulder compared to the white haired guy next to him with 2 suitcases and a big backpack. You yourself thought you had brought too much stuff in your backpack and mediocrely sized bag you struggled to drag with you up the narrow forest path, but you realized that maybe this was the normal amount to bring. Looking back up from the bag you are holding you meet the eyes of the dark haired person. Feeling that you may have held the eye contact a bit too long you trace the strap from your backpack aggressively and awkwardly shift around turning you gaze away to a tree to your right. In your side view you can see that he smiles and waves at you. Sensing this you turn back over in a panic and stumble your way over to them while you wave back. Now all three of them look over at you as you make your way over. Not paying attention to your surroundings you tripped on a root. As you tried too hold your balance you end up flying head first at them. The dark haired boy managed to grab hold of your arm and pull you back up before you face planted onto the ground in front of them. Instead ending up staring into each others eyes for what felt like forever for the two of you but past in the brink of an eye for the rest of the world. Sunglasses looked slightly over at you and bursted out laughing, and the older man next to him tried his best not to join in on it. As you straightened yourself up you averted your gaze to your feet and all you could mutter out was "thank you" before you speed walked into the school right past them in hope that you could find your room yourself, lock your door and hide under your covers in embarrassment from this first encounter.

You have made a fool of yourself again.

As you come up a staircase you feel a light cool breeze hit your face and begin to appreciate the fact that the second floor has good air conditioning. Combined with the humid warm weather outside, your warm face from embarrassment and your long tiresome walk too the school you feel like you would have passed out. Coming to a halt and just appreciating the cool air flowing past your skin almost deleting the sweat of your body calming you right down felt good. Having time to just stand and breathe was something you were not used too being the oldest daughter with many smaller siblings.
As you let your brain be empty for a moment you are taken back to reality but the faint smell of smoke seeping it's way over too you. You turn your head over and see a woman leaning on a big open window at the end of the hallway. Making your way over, your footsteps echoing between the empty hallway walls and you can see that she is smoking. As you stop a bit behind her she puts out her cigarette on the window and let the rest of it fall out probably landing smoothly on the ground two stories down from here. The woman then turns around, "I'm Shoko Ieri, you can call me shoko" she pulls her hand out and shakes mine. "I'm [Y/N], [Y/N] [L/N], nice too meet you!"

Shoko had talked to the older man you saw outside earlier and she showed me what rooms we could pick from. I picked the room that was next too hers. Her room was at the end of the hallway, you wondered if she picked that one so she could have close access to the window she wanted to smoke at or so she didn't need 2 neighbors. The room you picked out was small, but you didn't really need any more space. You could see the sun staring through your window slowly cooking your room. You took a mental note that there was only air conditioning in the hallway. Deciding too stay in your room a bit you shut the blinds hoping it would help with the heat. As the room becomes much darker you look around at the rest of your stuff. You had a desk right under the window in your room, a single bed, a mini fridge that could only really fit a few things and a tiny closet. There was also a small fan on your bedside table, you plug it into the wall but it doesn't seem too be working.

Just laying on your bed after packing out your stuff felt so good. It was now dark outside and you haven't really left your room outside of when you explored the shared bathroom right over the hall from you. You were the first one too pick out a drawer in there. You took a shower and dumped everything for the bathroom into the drawer as you stormed out hoping you wouldn't meet someone in the hallway. And you didn't. Your eyes were shut but you were not sleepy. All the anxiety you have felt about coming to jujutsu high came rushing too you all at once. You were the only one in your family with cursed energy was this really a good idea? Your thoughts got disturbed by a firm knock on my door...