𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐇𝐨𝐠𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 [16]

Start from the beginning

"Y/n!" Theo called out in happiness once his eyes caught a glimpse of me. I smiled at the group as I walked towards them. Despite it being the weekend, they all were wearing their usual informal uniform.

"Good morning." I greeted them once I was close enough. Draco and Mattheo sat on one sofa, the one I was standing beside, while Blaise and Theo sat on the sofa opposite them.

"Save me, Y/n! They are making me read a book!" Theo fell back dramatically as he closed the book in his hand. Curious, I take a look at the cover of the book. 'Vanishing Cabinets: The Secret Art of Disappearing'.

"Why are you reading about Vanishing Cabinets?" I laughed at the boy, yet none of them shared my laughter. They all stiffened at my words, as they shared scared glances. Strange.

"Why are you acting weird." I smiled, trying to shake the awkward atmosphere that surrounded us. "I've read that book, it's awfully boring. There's a better book in the restricted section." I rambled on, almost forgetting I had somewhere to be. "Sorry, I must leave you. I'm spending the day in Hogsmeade with Hermione, Luna and Ginny."

Quickly, I disappeared up into the dormitory and shrugged on my coat and covered my hands in mittens. I ran back down through the Slytherin common room and back up through the dungeons and corridors until I saw my favourite group of girls. Minus Astoria, of course.

"Sorry I'm late, I was busy talking with someone." I smiled at the group as I neared them. They returned my smile and told me not to worry, soon we set off together towards the quaint village of Hogsmeade.

Luna and I linked arms, herself wearing a long-sleeved navy sheer top, with silver moons scattered across the item. She wore light blue bootcut jeans and white boots, along with a pastel purple jacket.

The medieval town was as bustling with life as always. The houses lining the cobbled streets stood tall, taking the form of many shapes and sizes, all built either symmetrical or lopsided. Each house was topped with a thatched roof, with a white and brown wooden exterior, and some had stone as accent trims or stone walls for their ground floor.

We passed many little shops, including Gladrags Wizardware, Dogweed and Deathcap, and many other quaint shops and cafes we needn't visit today. Many people were filling the streets, going about their days as per usual. Ginny and I ducked under a ladder that was being carried by two wizards as we headed towards Spintwitches Sporting Needs.

"What is it you both need?" Hermione asked as she and Luna followed after us. Ginny pushed open the door, and the smell of fresh oak and varnish attacked our scenes. Luna gagged at the smell while Ginny and I grinned. The shop itself is rather quaint, painted a soft purple contrasting the brown floorboards.

"I just need a new broom waxing kit. And you, Y/n?" Ginny answered Hermione as she strolled deeper into the shop. Ginny grazed her hand over a display of the firebolt as she looked up at the broom dreamily. Ginny was so caught up in her daydream that she knocked over a once neatly placed pile of quaffles.

Luna rushed to help the girl as Hermione and I snickered from afar. "I'm here for broom maintenance kit too." I smiled as I headed towards the far right corner of the shop, where my personal favourite collection of broom products stood.

In golden cursive writing, the words 'Perwinklson's Finest Broom Maintenance Kit'. I gleamed in delight as I grabbed the box, and took it to the front counter. "Good morning." I smiled at the boy working behind the till. He was a rather skinny lad, with golden fluffy hair and tanned skin. He sat back in his chair, reading the latest edition of the Daily Prophet.