An Invitation and a revelation

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Hello Mr. Hanaka. You are shifting from here?"

"Ah...Peter my boy. Yes. Actually we've been shifting our stuffs for nearly a week. You didn't knew?"

Peter bit his tongue. He rarely had time to even talk to his neighbours, heck have some time to study at all. "No no....I thought you needed more time or something."

"Oh.... it's fine." He said in a jovial tone. "Do you know that your new neighbour actually knew May?" He said in a soft tone. Everyone knew about what happened with the poor boy. It was a miracle that he was even living alone and did not went mad till now.

His eyes softened a little. "Uh no... not really."

"Well run along boy. You don't want to be late now, do you?"

"By Mr. Hanaka!" Peter bowed a little and quickly ran away. Weird. Who could be shifting? Not that it matters, he has alot on his plate to devour.

At British Empire State University,

"PARKER...." a loud voice boomed near the locker as one of the most popular boy of school came behind Peter Parker, grabbed his neck under his armpit and gave him a light noogie. "How's it going man?" He ruffled his hair.

And this guy was Flash Thompson. Amazing right. Flash used to be a bully but after the death of his Uncle, he became sympathetic and slowly throughout the year he became a good friend of his. The best thing was that he quit bullying as well.

So think about it, someone with Flash's physical personality, a good basketball player, a nice attitude although bad grades in studies, he was bound to become popular. And honestly he was very happy for him. It's just that he would have been more happy if Harry would have been here with him as well.

He wonders if he should have given his blood to Harry after all? Maybe everything upto now could have been avoided. But then again Dr. Connors had told Peter that no subject had survived the DNA alteration thing. These things went haywire with horrible results. Even when the decay rate algorithm was solved, the gene splicing led to the mutation of Dr. Curt Connors. Peter survived the spider bite because his father had made the spiders such that their research could be carried on only with DNA from his bloodline, this in turn made Peter compatible with the spiders.

Harry was not compatible with the spiders because he doesn't belong to Richard Parker's bloodline. Peter's blood would only act as a poison to him. Peter can now be considered to be a different species altogether due to the alteration of his DNA. Harry thought that Spider-man's blood would grant him healing and would cure him. But Peter knew that this would kill Harry for sure or worse, it would put him in a Dr.Connor's-like condition. In his whole thinking process, he forgot that Flash was still killing him.

"G-goin' great man.... my breath is also goin' man...."

Flash quickly released him. He looked extra chirpy today. "You look really happy.... something happened?"

Flash had a huge grin on his face. He practically shoved a poster in Peter's face. "Tryouts for the College's representative team is here. I've been super excited for him." Sometimes Flash's happiness was contagious. Peter smiled a little. "Best of luck man."

"Bah! Who needs luck? I've a chance and I'm gonna take it." Flash said offhandedly. "I need brains. Chemistry brains. Help me with the studies later man." He said and practically ran away skipping in his every step.

"Come to the group studies then....." To be honest he didn't knew whether he was telling this to Flash or himself.

A chance huh?!

Flashback :

God she was taking her sweet time. What's with the slow reveal?