What on earth is this?

Welcome to the Wattpad Awards grand beginning!

We are all lucky to have such a wonderful community here on Wattpad I know it you know it. And so to celebrate this we are having our own celebration similar to the Oscars!

Now before I explain the rules I want to say something important. Everyone has made wonderful things on this platform and if you are not the winner of a certain award that is not a personal attack. I can not stretch this enough. Now with that put of the way lets get into the rules.

1. Stories will be nominated in the comments once the nominations open up where a panel of judges will rate them on three factors that can't have bias. This will make sure we all have A level playing field.

2. Judges stories can be submitted for a nominee but they won't be included in the judging of the story to avoid bias.

3. Stories being submitted must have A minimum chapter count of 5 and a word count of 1000. This is so we aren't judging fully developed stories alongside ones that have barley gotten of the ground and have almost nothing to judge.

4. If a story has won an award in one category it is unable to win another category. And if the author of that book has two wins they are no longer allowed to win anymore. This is to prevent one person from steam rolling the competition.

5. If your story is not marked as mature but has mature content that will dock points from it. What counts as mature? Well here's a list:

Violence, smut, guns, drugs and/or alcohol, very descriptive make out sessions with characters pinned against the wall, sex jokes, swears, and pedophilic behavior. Those are the only ones officially counted but more can be added in the future as we come across them.

6. Copying or stealing someone's stories are not tolerated. We have our own professional in looking into the history of that.

7. In an effort to protect our community people who have done sketchy or shady things that the majority of people can point at and say is wrong like being a pedo, or racist are on a list of people who can not participate. However if one wishes to get off this list they can take a test to prove they have changed. After all everyone is capable of change.

Those are all the current rules! If more need to be added they will though.

Now your probably wonder what categories will everyone be competing for? Great question!

Best in show: Overall the best story all around. Plot is good, characters, potential ships are good, everything is good!

Besting shipping: You wrote a character romance and ship that is absolutely wonderful!

Best combat: You wrote fight scenes in a way that feels entertaining to read yet realistic. Blood or other injuries feel like the characters are taking damage. And the fighting itself feels good to read!

Best plot: The overarching plot you wrote has developed wonderfully and steals the show! It feels natural and makes you want more!

Best character growth: Your characters have under gone natural feeling growth that changes who they are as people and if you look at the first introduction then compare it to who they are now you can tell a huge difference.

Best visualization: You make the world feel alive and everyone can easily imagine the scenes playing out in their heads with detail!

Funniest in show: Just the most comical and entertaining story even if it's just incorrect quotes.

Best bonus content: Everyone deserves to be recognized for the extra work they put in. The art they have made, the cover they made, hell maybe even videos! Every bit of a type of art deserves celebrating.

N

ow let me introduce you to our panel of judges!
1. InspiredWriterStory
2. TheFlittleOne
3. xxAmphibiaNerdxx
4. Prince_of_Simps

And that's all for the rules and information! Rules and other things will be updated as needed but as of now I'm excited. So find some stories you want to nominate, tell your friends, and when the big day comes consider asking your story characters to join you for your speech if you win an award.