One

Everyday is the same. Wake up in the maids corridors. Get ready. Get out before sunrise to make sure that everything is in order.

I walked through the long hallways. I had the prince's breakfast in hand.

I knocked three times. I heard shifting.

"Who is it?"

His voice was groggy.

"Your breakfast my lord."

"Mm. Come in."

I opened the door. I saw the prince of Brooklyn laying in bed. The sunrise trickled in over his half nude body.

I didn't stare. Tried not at least. Until he got up. I watched him come over. Only in his trousers.

He glanced at the door, seeing that I had closed it behind me. He nodded, going to his washroom. Now was my time to sneak out.

"Do not even try leaving Elenor." I heard. I sighed.

He came out in a thin tunic, coming over to me. I took a step back.

"My lord I-"

"Do not walk away."

"It's daytime.."

The prince pulled me into a kiss. I melted, setting my hand on his chest.

He pulled away, looking at me.

"You sore after last night?"

"Steven!" I hissed as I stepped away.

I had kept a big secret. My secret was the prince. My secret could very easily get me killed.

He smiled. "Your legs are shaking."

I sat down on his bed. The bed I was in the night before.

"Stop treating me like a woman of the night." I said. He smirked, taking a berry off of his plate and popping it in his mouth.

"You are far from a woman of the night. You're my little secret."

"Steve." I whispered. "Enough. You do not know who is walking around right now."

He came over, pulling me into another kiss. He laid me back on the bed, continuing to kiss me.

I felt him climb on top of me on the bed. I carefully pulled away, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You must show self control. I beg of you."

He sighed, giving my cheek a kiss. "You're so angelic in this morning light." He whispered.

I sat up, carefully pushing him off.

It was hard to show self control. Some days just watching him sit there, my mind would wander.

I did not do much. I would just sit and wait for Steve to give me something to do. My orders were all from him.

But on days where he sat there, listening to his father, I would think about our nights. The way his skin was crawling on mine. His soft lips. His pain and pleasure. The way he would feel me, touch me, hold me.

I had nothing else to do with my life. My parents were dead. I was the only of my family. One of the rich families in the town taught me how to cook and clean. I was their maid. Eventually at one gathering between their family and the royals, Steve bought me.

I was almost a slave. But I had no choice. I had an income and a roof over my head.

And a man that loved me in secret.

"I have to leave." I said.

"Come here tonight."

"I cannot keep making excuses..."

"So then tell them that I called you here." He said.

I glanced at him. "You do realize that you're proving that you treat me as some sexual toy, correct?"

"We are adults. I do not care what anyone thinks."

"I could die from this. Your father could kill me."

"No-"

"-yes Steve. You cannot go over the king." I said.

"I do not care. I'll hide you then."

I rolled my eyes. He pecked my lips before moving my chin to look at him.

"Do not worry. You're safe with me."

I nodded. "I can come tonight, but I need to rest. So no..anything."

"Are you about to be on your cycle?"

I nodded. "I'm going to leave."

"Yeah. I love you."

I smiled. "I love you too. Please do not stare or anything today."

"I can never promise that Elenor."

"Goodbye my lord."

He laid back on his bed, "you're killing me El."