Chapter : New Secretary

Bắt đầu từ đầu

“Ah, are you going to disobey their instructions so early, Alicia?..., remember that you have to show them that you are hard working on the first impression”, she said, serving some plates of soup on the table.

“Yes mom, I will do that tomorrow.., and besides, they didn't tell me to report today”, I said as I sat to eat.

“Did you read the whole message?”she asked, looking at me as I gulped.

I remembered that I didn't finish reading the message due to excitement. I took the laptop and opened the notification link once again.

It said; Dear Miss Breka, we are happy to inform you that you are qualified for the position. We urgently want to hold an interview with you today, please be at the company in two hours. Thank you.

I was alarmed when I finished reading it, I stood from the chair and went straight into the bathroom.

I took a quick bath and I was standing in front of the wardrobe. Looking at all the dresses and trousers in the wardrobe, I couldn't find the best to wear.

That was supposed to be an important choice, I had always dreamt of being in my best attire on my first day going to an interview.

Then I realized that time will not allow me to choose my best outfit. My goal suddenly changed, instead of looking the best I chose to arrive in time.

Which made me wear my blue jean trousers, white shirt and women's jacket to cover up my shirt.

I tied my hair behind my neck, made sure that it looked neat, and smiled at the dressing mirror before taking my files and heading downstairs.

“oh dear, you are done already…, you look good”, mom said, heading to me.

“yes mom, I only have minutes left to arrive at the company”, I was nervous because it was my first time going to an interview.

“don't be nervous dear”, she reached my hand, caressing it as she noticed my fear.

“Okay mammy, I have to go now.., take care!”, I left a kiss on her temples.

I closed the door behind me. The sun was shining outside and it was quiet. I was already out of my compound, standing on the road side waiting for a cab.

I waited quietly for a few minutes, but there was no car passing. I decided to walk for some meters thinking I would find a cab.

There was still no cab showing up, I began stressing as time was not in my favor. I moved forward to look ahead.

I finally saw a cab approaching, then I moved backward to wave my hand at it.

“Oops sorry!”, I bumped into someone, and my files fell on the ground. It was a guy.

He stood upright to look at me and he was about to utter a word, he stayed quiet instead, he clearly muted and smiled.

His dimples showed off, I noticed his skin was Fare like he rarely gets exposed to the sun.

Finally, he shook from a long stare and picked up my files, giving it back to me with a smile.

“I'm sorry , miss.., here are your files”, he said, handing over the files to me.

I hurriedly took them from him, the cab already reached me. “thank you”, I said and went into the cab.

He was still standing on the spot and smiling. I noticed he was cute and smelled good.

He must have been a rich guy, I guessed. I sat in the cab waiting for my destination, ABz company is located near town escert which is only a 30 minutes drive from home.

I was already standing in front of the company, its design was awesome, its name was printed in red but the building was gray.

The security guard opened the gate for me.

“how can I help you miss”, he asked.

“I am miss breka..,” before I could finish, he interrupted me.

“oh yes, sir Jason said that I should let you in.., come in miss, this side please”, he said, directing me inside the company.

“just go straight inside”, he said, and left.

“Thank you!”, I said, feeling nervous.

When I entered the company, I was welcomed by sad faces. Three ladies were sitting at their desks busy with their laptops, not paying attention to me.

“hey!, are you miss breka?”, a voice said in front of me.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing, it was the man who saved me. He reached me looking shocked.

“Yes, and you are the one who saved me last night?”, I asked.

“yeah, it was my boss and I who saved you… , by the way, what were you running away from?”, he asked.

I couldn't just tell him the truth, so I lied. “ It's really a long story sir.., but thanks for saving me”, I said. He nodded.

“Jason, did you find the secretary!?”, a man’s voice spoke behind me.

I looked back, I saw the guy who Jason said was his boss. He looked shocked and stood quiet.