036.

IF GOJO WAS clingy before, he was practically glued to you, now. Satoru had plead forgiveness, but it would take a lot more than pleading.

To get you to fully forgive him, he knew he had to work harder. To prove himself. He was back to square one. He felt like he was a first year again, trying to get you to notice him. To believe his love for you.

Satoru now held your hand all the way to and from school. Even if you told him to let go because your hand was getting sweaty, he wouldn't budge. It had been a month since your fight, and he still was trying.

It took you time, but you finally forgave him. Plus, it seems Satoru directed his jealousy towards Kenji, finally.

Every break Satoru got during practice, he would use it to be with you. And that made it a lot harder for Kenji. Sometimes, he would blend in with Itadori and Megumi, just to talk to you.

"I've been working real hard for the tournament next month." Itadori said, grinning ear to ear with his hands on his hips. "We just have to beat Kenjaku High School, then we're on our way to nationals." Megumi softly smiled.

Only one school from each prefecture got to advance to the nationals, and every year, it was a tough battle between Tokyo Jujutsu  High and Kenjaku High.

Playing at nationals was easier than getting to nationals. This was the last tournament for the third years before you retired. It put pressure on Satoru, and you could tell.

The further they go in the tournament, the longer you stay. He was deadly afraid of losing, because that meant you would leave. He wasn't ready for that.

You don't know if it was the anxiety from it, but Satoru had been less vocal, recently. The fight affected him. He seemed to be walking on eggshells. He was scared that he'll say something he didn't mean.

He was training harder than anybody else for the tournament next month.

"I'll win that tournament next month," Kenji started, "For you." Megumi and Itadori eyed each other at the comment, while you completely didn't acknowledge it. "Do it for yourself."

Satoru ran up to you, a little out of breath. "Sorry, I was at the bathroom." You raised an eyebrow, a small smile on your face. "You don't have to apologize for going to the bathroom?"

"Lovebirds!" Itadori teased, sticking out his tongue with Megumi hit the back of his head with a fist. You rolled your eyes, and Kenji glanced away.

"You guys all better win this tournament for yourselves. Don't think about us third years. We've already won enough titles." You said, grabbing your clipboard. You turned to Gojo, eyes stern. "And I'm talking to you."

The four basketball players watched as you walked into the storage room. Itadori shrugged. "It's easier to do it for someone else." He turned to Megumi. "I'll do it for you."

The black haired boy raised an eyebrow of confusion, but his expression softened. "Then I'll do it for you, too." Kenji rolled his eyes.

Satoru followed you into the storage room a couple of beats later.

He rested his cheek on your shoulder, hugging you tightly from behind as he faced outwards. You paid him no mind, continuing to check off the equipment in the storage room. "Does it count as doing it for myself if I say it's because I need you here to play basketball?" He murmured.

Your writing halted, and you stilled at his question. He hugged you tighter, as if he were scared you were going to slip out of his grasp.

"I can still go to your games when I retire, Satoru." You said softly, a hand coming up to comb his hair. He shook his head, burying his face into the crook of your neck.

God, he loved the way you said his name. Satoru, Satoru, Satoru.

"But you won't be here for practice." He got you there. Separation anxiety. You started seeing it more recently. He refused to be without you.

"I won't be here forever." You leaned your head on his, continuing to comb your fingers through his hair to soothe him. You turned around, and he took a step back, facing the floor. You took the sides of his face in your hands.

"I'll still be with you, Satoru. We can eat lunch together. We'll still go to school together. I can study in my classroom until your practice ends." You tried satisfying him, but his frown stayed.

He was quiet, eyebrows furrowed in the slightest and he pouted at the floor. He was upset, like a child, sulking as if he thought the world was unfair.

"What if I can't play without you?"

What? You've heard Satoru say this many times, but this time, it was different. He was serious. He wasn't talking about how you motivated him to do his best. He was talking about something else.

Satoru was a confident man. You knew this well of him. He thought high of himself, and no matter what anybody said to him, he never let it get to him. So why was he this afraid?

After a minute of silence, you finally spoke. "Who said this to you?" You asked quietly, and his eyes flickered to you. Bingo.

Immediately, you started thinking of possibilities. It could've been Geto. His words usually imprinted on Satoru.

No. Geto was smart, and good with his words. He would never say something that strange, even as a joke. Maybe the coach? Nah, the coach couldn't give two fucks about Satoru's dating life.

You held your breath. "Was it Kenji?" He looked back down at the ground. That son of a bitch.

Off in the distance, the whistle of your coach went off.

Satoru met eyes with you, looking at you with a look of determination. "I'm going to win that tournament next month. I don't want you to leave." He pressed a firm kiss to your lips, and with that, he slipped out of your grasps, out of the storage room.

You bit your bottom lip. This was going to be a double sided sword for Satoru. If he won, the next tournament was going to eat at him the same way. If he lost, he'll blame himself, and go down a rabbit hole of shame.

You shook your head. You promised Satoru that you wouldn't talk to Kenji other than anything basketball related.

But oh, you were going to talk.

A/N Just a couple more chapters until the end I'm getting sad guys :(

Btw I published my "File" which is where I keep all the chapters of fanfics I never got to publishing. Read it if you have the time! "Teach Me" and "Got Your Tongue" will be there until  I actually get my hands on it

QOTD: A ship you hate?

A: Vanitas and Jeanne. Ik it's cannon but どう考えてもヴァニタスの相手ってノエでしょマジ狂ってる普通に頭に来るんだけどWWWWWW