The crown prince had visited the Valentino Castle by the end of March, when it was especially cold. He visited because he said he wanted to catch a white fox with luscious fur so that he could present it as a gift to his consort,

but.........

Eventually, the crown prince didn't catch a single one. Theodore had caught six, so he gave the crown prince three as a gift.

"Duchess, will you be able to ride on horseback today? If you think it'll be too hard on you, you may rest inside instead. You don't have to push yourself."

At the crown prince's words, all I could say was, 'Thank you for your concern,' but the crown princess soon hinted at her husband.

Unlike the crown prince, she had a quiet, more reserved personality. She was also the direct opposite of her sister, Rozenne Delacroix.

It's amazing to see how the royal couple, despite their differences in personality, were doing quite well together.

With a neutral smile on my lips, I spoke.

"I'm alright. Thank you very much for your concern, Your Highness the Royal Consort."

"Yes, let me know if you're having a hard time."

Still smiling, I bowed my head to her. The crown princess has always been taking good care of me, but I still couldn't tell whether this was out of duty or out of sympathy.

I have a feeling it's the latter.

"Lily, I have something for you."

Then, as if he just remembered, Theodore said this. From his pocket, he took out a brooch with a pale pink gem on it, then he proceeded to attach it directly to the collar of my riding suit.

Right then, people around us turned to stare in astonishment.

In particular, the most bothersome gaze was the crown prince stared so blatantly at us with curiosity.

"I infused the gemstone with my elemental power. I'm sure nothing will happen, but... just in case of an emergency, this will protect you.

"...Thank you."

The gemstone seemed to be a rose quartz. When I gently touched it with a fingertip, I could feel its warmth.

People who have entered a contract with an elemental spirit had the ability to infuse their elemental power into metals or gemstones like this. Not all kinds of materials are good for this, but only gemstones or metals of the highest purity.

After being infused into a medium like this, it'll be possible for anyone to wield the elemental power that's inside it. Something like this was similar to how a magic tool worked.

Of course, compared to the original power of the contractor, this was much weaker and more limited.

Still, this was very helpful when dealing with monsters. That's why the stronger the elemental power of the territory lords, the better they could protect their land.

"...The rumors must be true. The Duke seems to care very much about her?"

"Yeah, it seems like it. I didn't really believe it myself, until I saw it with my own two eyes..."