Chapter 13: Revenge And Avenge

Reyna screamed and stabbed Macnair. She kept stabbing and screaming until she was out of screams, and Macnair ran out of life. The Death Eater fell down to the ground, dead from the many stab wounds on his chest. That bastard deserved to go to the fields of punishment.

She wanted desperately to collapse to the floor and sob and grief for her sister, but she couldn't. The fiendfyre was spreading fast. Flames scorched everything in its path, filling the castle with smoke.  Reyna coughed and grabbed Asher, who had been very nearly burned to a crisp. He was still unconscious. She grabbed his hand and felt a surge of strength leave her as she lent her strength to Asher.

Asher became conscious suddenly, looked around, and leapt up at the sight of the fire. 

"Asher! What plant is immune to fire?!" Reyna shouted over the crackling of the flames.

"Um...um...uh...agave! That's fire resistant!" Asher said, pulling out a packet of seeds. He concentrated and made a fireman's pole out of it. 

"Slide down!" He shouted. Reyna hesitated. What if she fell? She did not want to die the same way her sister did. But she certainly didn't want to burn to death either, so she slid down, Asher right behind her. Once near the Great Hall, they ran out of the castle. Reyna felt the ground tremor beneath her. Asher's eyes met hers as they both understood what was about to happen.

"JUMP!" Asher shouted. They ran to the lake, held their breath, and dived. A blast ripped through the air. Debris rained down in all directions around them. Even underwater, Reyna could hear the boom.

Minutes ticked by before they finally decided it was safe to go up. Reyna gasped for air and got up. Asher held Reyna's hand tightly as they observed the scene.

Hogwarts was gone. Entirely gone. Where the castle was before, there was a huge crater. 

"Reyna? Asher?" Ginny said from behind them. She pulled Reyna into a tight hug and sobbed into her shoulder.

"Thank goodness you're safe. I couldn't bear losing another person." Ginny mumbled. Reyna patted Ginny's shoulder comfortingly.

"Where's Harry and everyone else?" Asher asked. 

"They're all over there...mourning everyone we lost in the fire." 

They trudged over. There was a huge crowd gathering around four bodies. Reyna pushed through the crowd. She had to slap a hand over her mouth to stop herself from screaming again.

Hylla was lying there, along with Professor Sprout, Pansy, and Neville Longbottom. 

"We don't know who she is, but I think she must've been one of the people who destroyed our castle." Harry said in disdain, kicking Hylla's body. Reyna whipped out her wand.

"Get away from her!" She yelled. Harry frowned.

"Reyna, don't you understand? She is a Death Eat-" Harry was stunned by the stupefy Reyna had sent his way. 

"Why did you do that?!" Ginny and Hermione yelled at the same time, checking to see if Harry was wounded. Before Reyna could answer, somebody limped over. It was Ron, badly burned and wounded. Once he reached the crowd, he collapsed. 

"Ron!" Ginny shouted, leaving Harry and running over to her brother. Hermione followed.

"Wake up! Wake up!" The red-head said, shaking Ron. He didn't move. Ginny grabbed his wrist, feeling for a heartbeat. The look on her face told Reyna there wasn't one. 

"Ronald Bilius Weasley, don't you dare leave me. I already lost Fred, Remus, Tonks, Moody, and now Neville. Please, I can't lose you too." Ginny whispered, tears streaming down her face. Ron didn't respond. 

"Renervate." Reyna said, pointing at Harry. He woke up with a start, looking around before his eyes landed on Ron.

"No...no, no, no! Ron!" Harry shouted racing over to his now dead best friend. Everyone followed him, their heads hung down in grief for Ronald Weasley, war hero and loyal friend. The Golden Trio was now down to two.

Even Draco walked over and comforted Hermione, who laid her head on his shoulder, and he wiped away her tears. 

Reyna mourned the loss of Pansy and Hylla, her best friend and her sister.

                                                                         Five hours later....

Ginny stormed in the room, followed by Harry, Hermione, and Draco. Reyna and Asher were sitting in silence. Since the castle had been destroyed, all the students were staying in some spare rooms at Hogsmeade.

"We want answers." Ginny snapped. 

"Well, I think Harry has them." Reyna said, pointing at the boy who lived. All heads turned to Harry. He sighed.

"I'm not really in the mood right now, guys. We just lost so many people, and-" 

"Why do you think we're doing this, Harry? She could've caused their deaths, she could've been the one to start the fire!" Ginny yelled. Hermione pulled out a bottle of Veritaserum. 

"We can use this." Hermione said. Reyna shrugged. She didn't care anymore if anyone found out. Once this was all over, she was planning to leave with Asher.

She and Asher each took a sip from the bottle and prepared themselves.

"Who are you guys? Are you even dryads?" Hermione asked. The others(besides Harry) looked confused at Hermione's dryad comment.

"No. We're demigods, half god, half mortal." Reyna answered. 

"What kind of god?" Ginny asked.

"Greek and Roman gods."

"Does anyone else know about you?" Draco asked.

"Yeah, Harry knows. He's my cousin." Asher answered. At this, glares became directed at Harry, who looked in the other direction as if he could not hear.

"Who was that girl we didn't know and why was she here?"

"My sister, Hylla. She's also a demigod, and she was forced to help the Death Eaters with their plan. She was completely innocent."

"Did she start the fire?"

"Yes, but again, she was forced to."

"Did you guys have any part in their plan?"

"No."

"Ok...that was some interesting information." Draco said. Hermione and Ginny nodded.

"You guys are actually half god? Which god is your parent?" Hermione asked.

"Mine is Bellona, goddess of war. Asher's is Ceres, goddess of agriculture." Reyna answered.

"So that's why you can make plants grow!" Hermione said, looking at Asher. He nodded.

"Well, thank you for telling us. Of course, you didn't really have a choice. Oi, where do you think you're going?" Ginny said. The last part was directed at Harry. He had been trying to sneak out of the room.

"Harry James Potter, you've got some explaining to do!" Ginny yelled, dragging Harry out. 

I just read this through, and I completely forgot Ginny knows about the gods. Oh shoot.....just forget she ever knew please.