CHAPTER TWO. | The After Party

Start from the beginning

Faye stared at the grass for a while, listening to others run out of the house, some yelling, some calmly talking, she didn't pay much attention to it. When she looked up again, she saw Lena walking towards her, well, stumbling more or less.

"Y'know I would really rather you find me than one of your apparitions," Lena said as she made it to the other girl. "Why did you even find me?"

"We're leaving," Faye told Lena, grabbing her hand and starting to walk away from the house.

"What? That's what you found me for? To leave?" Lena questioned but followed after Faye.

"Yes, someone's dead, so we're leaving." Faye nodded.

"Dead!?" Lena exclaimed, her eyes going wide in shock.

"Yes," Faye nodded again, seemingly unfazed by the situation.

"Oh my god," Lena mumbled to herself, glancing back at the house. "Do you want me to teleport us back?"

"Will you take us to the right place this time?" Faye raised an eyebrow.

"No promises!" Lena smiled. "C'mon I swear I'll get us there way faster!"

"Fine," Faye grumbled out and stopped walking.

"Yay!" Lena grinned, "Ready?"

"I guess, just give me a-"

Faye was cut off of her sentence by Lena suddenly teleporting them back to the dorms, and it was actually their room this time. Landing in the middle of the room, Faye stumbled for a second, still not used to being dragged along for teleportation.

"Thanks for the warning," Faye rolled her eyes.

"Sorry!" Lena said with a sheepish smile on her face. "But look! I got us here!"

Faye nodded, walking and sitting down on her bed. "Yes, you did for once."

It was silent after that, with Lena fiddling with her hands, looking at the ground as Faye watched the girl.

"Alright, I'll ask," Faye sighed after watching for a few silent minutes. "What's wrong?"

"Hm?" Lena glanced at Faye. "Oh, it's nothing," she mumbled and shook her head.

"Nope, I'm not taking that for an answer," Faye pointed at Lena. "What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry about earlier," Lena murmured quietly, looking back at the ground. "I...It's just that..." Her voice trailed off.

Faye got off her bed without a sound, walking up to the other girl and carefully lifting Lena's head with her hand. "What is it?" She asked in a softer tone than her usual one.

Lena stared for a minute, trying to come up with a lie she could go with but couldn't come up with anything. "It's just...everyone at this place likes me a lot...But...I like someone who probably won't like me as much. I wasn't just trying to use you when I needed it. I just thought...if it happened enough then it would work out." She explained slowly, not sure if the gist got across or not.

It took Faye a few seconds before her expression changed to subtle shock. "Lena, do you have a crush on me?" She asked the other girl.