Second Chance

Disclaimer: I do not own the real Seo In Guk and Park Bo Young (or else they'd be married by now). I don't even own the show Doom At Your Service (or else we would've had its 3rd season coming by now). This is a fanfiction and holds no relation to the actors in real life. Consider them fragments of my imagination.

This rough shot has been written as Boyoung's POV.

Enjoy!

When my manager came to me with the offer of a new project, I was too tired to go through the script

When my manager came to me with the offer of a new project, I was too tired to go through the script. I was exhausted from the long and tiresome day.

"I will check it tomorrow," I said tossing myself on the couch.

"This project is under PD Kwon," my manager said. "You might want to go through it quick because he really wants you,"

"Oh, is it?" I opened my eyes wide. Mr. Kwon is one of my closest friends in the industry and I never delayed my response to him.

"Yes," my manager nodded. "It is a romance drama, sure to be a success,"

"Hmm," I sighed. "I will go through it,"

I took time the next day to review the drama theme and loved it. There was no reason to deny the offer. I called PD Kwon to let him know that I would accept it. He was delighted as always. One sure thing about him was that he was very particular with his casting choices. He spent days imagining who would fit the role. Then he left no stone unturned to get the desired cast.

My work schedule for the next few weeks drilled me to flesh and bones. I was so tired that once the filming wrapped up, all I wanted was to sleep for a whole month!

I had tentatively accepted the offer for the new project by PD Kwon but I had to wait until they decided on the male lead. There were some parts of the script that I wouldn't be comfortable doing with someone I didn't know well.

After a few days, I got a call from Mr. Kwon while I was relaxing in my garden with a cup of coffee. He sounded distressed. I had never seen him appear so worked up.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Boyoung, you are my last hope," he said. "Please help me out."

"Yes, what's the problem?" I was clueless but he sounded impatient.

"I need you to convince Inguk to accept the role opposite you," he said.

My heart skipped a beat and my legs felt weak. Was it because I was too late for lunch or something else? Probably I was just too hungry.

"Seo In Guk, you mean?" his name came out of my mouth almost as a whisper. It had been a while since I said his name out loud.