Chapter 1: Were Gonna Live Forever

"C'mon Aaron hurry!" David called rushing me by grabbing onto my  uniform sleeve. "Where are we going!, your being weird!" I argued but as usual he didn't hesitate. He dragged me to A large clearing where I saw the most beautiful grove of wildflowers with A beautiful sunset overlooking them. "David!, it's beautful, If I didn't know better I'd say this was A truly romantic gesture." I jested causing him to blush. "I-I mean you're my boyfriend, just thought youd like it." He stutterd out embarrassed. "I do, it's beautiful." I said planting A kiss on his cheek causing him to smile. 

"Aaron hurry!, Im not tending the bar alone while you daydream, hurry up and be eye candy with me." My coworker and Friend Sarah said causing me to hurry to the bar with her. I looked across the bar's dining area, it was pretty quiet today. I heard the news faintly playing in the background and tuned out most of it, didn't like to hear bad news, never had, which is likely why Sarah switched the channel quickly. "Welcome back to the Jane Romero show, This is Kathy Greene intervewing Tara Kassir!" Sarah raised an eyebrow at the tv before turning her attention to me. "Kinda weird to keep the show going after she dissapred whatever. " She said as she cleaned A glass. "Hey can you grab the good ale, big group out there looks like." She said. I nodded and crouched down making sure I got the expesive stuff that made the hooligans feel fancy. The loud crowd that entered was pretty normal for this time of day but one of them made me stop in my tracks. 

David King....Never thought I'd see him again, we ended things on good terms when he got kicked out of school but....It sill felt awkward, and judging by the all too familiar awestruck expression he was giving me he recognized me instantly, which he further proved by making his way over to me failing to be smooth. 

"Aaron..., um...How have you, um you look." I nodded saving him the embarrassment .

 "You too David, what are you up to?" I asked easing his tension at least a little bit. "Well, i've been erm, workin, I see you have too." He said looking me over before meeting my eyes. Sarah looked baffled seeing as he was A pretty well known guy for....all the wrong reasons, punching A referee really isn't A good look for anyone. 

"How do you two know each other?" she asked, not being able to hide her curiosity as usual. "He looked at her warily. "We erm..Dated" he answered uncomfortably. This only gave her fifty more questions but I gave her A "Stop talking please" look and she obliged.  

"So, you doin anything tonight?" he asked me looking me over once more. "Im off in thirty, if you want to catch up." Sarah stepped forward. "He's off right now actually, I'll throw you bone." She said with A wink, seeing as she owned the bar I obliged. "Okay...Guess I'm available now." He nodded slowly. 

I crossed over the bar and sat down next to him. "Its really nice to see you David, I'm glad you're doing well." He shrugged blushing slightly. 

"I could say the same, You look....Great." He added visibly embarrassed. 
"I do try." I joked earning An roll.