"Finally nigga, damn you take forever like a fuckin female" My homie Dwight said as I stepped out of the house.

I smacked my lips saying "Shut the fuck up, I was brushing my teeth" before we both laughed and shook hands.

"Let's hit the liquor store real quick, I need some more blunt wraps" Dwight said.

"I'm heading that way anyways" I said.

"When you getting yo car back?" He asked.

It's in the shop right now.

"In two days I believe" I said, and Dwight nodded his head as we started walking.

"You never told me how it went wit Ariah last night" Dwight said chuckling.

"You know what happened" I said and we both started laughing before we shook hands again.

I been tryna fuck on her since high school. Finally had the opportunity last night.

"My boy, my boy" Dwight said.

"But I would never cuff her" I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Her mindset ain't it. I'll keep smashing though, till I'm over it" I said and he chuckled saying "It's sad that it's beginning to be that way these days fam"

"Swear" I said.

"Still working on that poetry thang?" He asked.

I been writing poems ever since my brother died. It's like a sense of therapy for me.

Now I wanna make it a career, so I put clips on Instagram of my poetry over music sometimes. See where it could go.

"Yeah, I wanna perform one of them live but I don't even know where to start" I said.

"Just look it up online and see what venues have openings" Dwight said as we got closer to the liquor store. It was only down the block.

I seen this girl walk up to a car and she slightly looked around and it looked like they were exchanging shit.

I know the game so I know exactly what she's doing. Selling drugs. And I've seen this girl before, we just never spoke.

I squinted my eyes a bit as I watched.

Then they shook hands and she said "Aight, later"

Then who ever it was in the car drove off.

She then walked back to the front of the liquor store with a few niggas and bitches she was apparently kickin it with, and they were all talking.

Me and Dwight walked past them and inside of the store, I turned around keeping my eyes on her.

"Can I get two packs of swisher sweets" I heard Dwight ask the lady at the register.

The girl outside's phone started ringing and she pulled it out. My eyes widened when I seen it was a Motorola phone.

Yeah she definitely sells drugs.

She answered it saying "Wassup"

And I just watched.

"You good?" Dwight asked nudging me as he was paying for his swisher sweets.

"Yeah." I said back, and she then got off the phone, and started walking off.

"I'll be right back" I said to Dwight, before quickly leaving out of the store to follow her.

I don't know why, but I feel like I should talk to her bout this life she living.

I had a brother that I lost due to him living that kind of life. They took him from me, and took his life. I wouldn't want that to happen to her.

I seen her selling yet to somebody else, and exchanging and I sighed just watching. And I slightly shook my head.

And once she was done with all of that, I seen her counting a bit of money by a car, and I finally walked up to her.

"Aye" I said and she jumped before turning around.

"Mothafucka don't be walking up on me like that nigga!" She yelled as her eyes widened and she instantly held her pocket.

"Chill out! My bad, I ain't mean to make you sweat like that-"

"I didn't! Im just saying." She said.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Minding my business. You should do the same" She said and I chuckled.

I then reached for her pocket and she yelled "Aye! Stop it!"

I grabbed the pistol that was in her pocket and it was a bag. A bag of cocaine.

I sighed and shook my head.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?!" She yelled.

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Kiss my ass." She said.

"Kiss my ass, that's nice. Your mother or father name you that?" I asked her and she squinted her eyes at me.

"I'm talking to you, kiss my ass." I said sarcastically.

"My NAME is Xylo." She said folding her arms.

"Xylo, alright. You see how easy I found you? I live near these projects. I know people who used to slang like you're doing" I said.

"If I tell you I'll stop selling drugs, will you get up out of my face?" She said with an attitude.

"Man- I know people who did what you're doing aight? I know what it's like to live this life." I said.

"I could give a good got damn what you know" She said back.

"So if you wanna always look over your shoulders and wonder if someone is gonna put a bullet in yo head-"

"What makes you think I ain't gone get them first?" She said back.

I chuckled and I showed her the pistol and the product, before putting it in my pocket.

"If you want a real job, you can come to work with me in my family's store. We're looking for extra people anyway." I said.

"Can I have my stuff back?" She said.

"No!" I said.

"Come on man, that ain't my gun or my product! If I don't get it back by tonight I'm in big trouble!" She said.

I smacked my lips and grabbed her arm saying "Come here" and she yanked her arm away.

"Who you dealing for?" I asked her and she just looked at me.

"You might as well tell me because I'm not giving it back to you" I said.

"Filthy." She said.

Filthy.

The biggest drug dealer out here. And the most dangerous one. My brother used to deal for him. And now my brother's dead.

Safe to say I ain't a fan of Filthy.

"Filthy." I said chuckling. "Aight you know what? Then you tell Filthy to come get it from me. He know me." I said.

"Well I don't know you so..? What's your name so I can tell him" Xylo said rolling her eyes.

"Roddy." I said. "How old are you?" I asked her.

"17." She said.

I scrunched my eyebrows.

"You don't look 17." I said.

"What does a 17 year old look like?" She asked.

"You got a smart ass mouth" I said to her.

She gave me a look before she just walked off with an attitude.

-

☕️ First chapter, keep or delete?