i slump down against the wall, leaning my head back against the cold, painted brick. i sit there for a moment, before realizing i still have the paper in my hand. i open my eyes and smile, reaching into my back pocket, pulling out my phone and taking a picture. i put the phone away quickly as i hear footsteps walking down the hallway coming my direction.

i look down into my lap, picking at my fingers. "what happened to you?" i hear a familiar voice say and i turn to see chris, trudging down the hallway with his backpack hanging off of his right shoulder. "ms. young happened." i respond rolling my eyes. "oh. why?" chris asks, tilting his head slightly as he continues to walk closer to me.

"why what?"

"why are you out in the hallway?"

"i asked you first."

"why do you care?"

"why are you being defensive?"

"why do you keep asking so many questions?" i respond narrowing my eyes at him. a small smile appears on his face as he stops in front of me. he looks down at me with his stupid smile.

"because im curious as to why you've been kicked out of class." he responds. "if you knew why im out in the hallway, why did you ask?" i say, wondering what he was getting at.

"i wanted you to admit it so i could make fun of you." he laughs. "oh well now im really not telling you." i say crossing my arms. he looks away for a moment and walks over to the end of the hallway, peeking around the corner and walking back over to me. "if i buy you a dr pepper will you tell me?" he asks.

i give him a dissapointed look, knowing that i cant turn him down. i sigh, "fine." he smiles like a kid on christmas and reaches his hand out. i take it and he pulls me off the ground.

"c'mon" he says and starts walking as i follow him. he stops me when it comes to corners because there could be a teacher, janitor, or anyone that could snitch on us. we walk down a long hall with many windows, neither of us speaking. "why were you out in the hallway?" i ask, fidgeting with matt's drawing in my hand.

"i got sent to the principles office again." he responds with a sigh, putting his hands in his pockets. "why?" i ask. this is the second time in a row he's gotten in trouble with the principle, what could he possibly have done now?

"why what?"

"why did you get sent to the principles office?"

"why do you care?"

"dude." i say blankly, looking up at him as we walk side by side down the halls. he chuckles, "me and nate got in trouble again cause coach thought we were targeting one of the special ed kids in dodgeball."

jesus christ christopher. what the fuck.

i let out a small gasp, trying to contain my laughter. this is not funny julianna. "were you?" i ask giggling. "no. we were aiming for andrew trying to get back at him for yesterday but he kept hiding behind the poor kid knowing no one would aim for someone with special needs."

i cover my mouth with my hand. "oh my god." i say trying to hide my smile. "yeah....what about you though? why were you kicked out of class?" chris asks, changing the subject. "ms. young has been targeting me since yesterday. she wont leave me alone. matt made me laugh and she got mad at me. threw me out of class, again." i respond laughing at how stupid the whole situation was.

"what did matt do?" chris questions, seeming genuinely curious. i giggle to myself and hand him the paper as we turn the corner to the vending machine. chris takes one look at the drawing and leans on my shoulder for support as he dies of laughter.