𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬

During the next Friday night, the sky slowly became filled with stars as the breeze slowed down and became a chill in the air. The town was alive with people celebrating or simply wanting a night out to refresh from the busy week they carried behind them.

At the bar were Charles, Raven, and Klaus, celebrating the brainiac for officially becoming a Professor. Chants were yelled around the room as Charles chugged down his alcoholic beverage, smiling once he gulped it all down.

He was a bit sad inside that he didn't have the missing piece of their friendship group with him that night. He knew if she were there, she'd be chanting him along with a glass of whiskey in her hand.

On the other side of town, at the university, was Kara, sitting in the lab with papers scattered around her. Her head was beginning to hurt from the amount of information she had been reading back-to-back.

An apple core, a few apple slices, a pen, and a few paper clips were the only odd things placed on top of the glass table that held all of her papers. She hated to admit it but the apple was the only thing she'd eaten all day.

Her fingertips tapped along the glass, producing the only sound in the room besides her breathing. Her white hair, braided into several complicated braids to keep away from her face, hung down her back and tickled her exposed skin.

Knowing she'd spend all day alone, she decided on wearing a backless shirt so she wouldn't have to hide a piece of her Mutation she adored but others would judge her for.

The backless shirts were her favorite to wear, but she rarely wore them in fear of the judging looks. Only wearing them around the people she lived with because she knew they'd never judge her for how she looked.

Groaning, she leaned back in her chair and stared up at the dull ceiling. She debated on leaving to go join Charles in celebrating with drinks but thought it over and ultimately decided she really needed to finish searching before the clock turned eleven.

Straightening up in her chair, she read every paper again, writing down a few notes that grabbed her attention. Her head was filled with information about her ancestry line and she figured out that it was in fact her grandfather who had the Mutated gene.

The files she had stolen last week were only the beginning of her finding out more. Scanning through the papers, she came across a small book. It looked like it hadn't been touched in ages, of course.

She wondered where those files had come from because they couldn't have come from the house, everything had burned to a crisp. Or so she thought.

There was a date at the top left corner of the first page, 1894. Calculating her grandfather's birth date and the written down date in the book, he would've been twenty when the book was made. Ten years later, he had her father in 1904.

Flipping to the next page, her eyebrows shot up from seeing a dried bloody fingerprint and a set of coordinates next to it. The writing was in the finest cursive she had ever seen and she knew she had seen it when she was a child.

Looking up at the clock, her lips formed a frown as it turned eleven. She wanted to stay so badly and look through the book further, but knew she needed to get home. Stuffing the book in her bag, she gathered her necessities and cleaned her mess up, not wanting to deal with it on Monday.

Exiting the lab and locking it behind her, she rushed to get back to the mansion to tell Charles, wanting to know about his night before she told him what she had found.

Once entering the mansion, she chuckled as soon as she saw a drunk Raven and Klaus sitting next to each other on the couch. Their faces lit up as soon as they saw Kara walk in and they yelled her name while laughing.