Chap 2- Kiski dor bandhegi kiske saath

Parineet and Vikram arrived at the railway station. Looking at the trains and the crowd, Vikram said," Pari tu sure hai naa? Udaipur mein tu akele?"

"Akele kahan veerji," she said," naaniji Bhanu veerji aur Neha parjai honge naa wahan."

"Give my greetings to them," Vikram said as he helped Parineet load her luggage into the train. Parineet bid adieu to her brother and sat in her compartment. She gazed into the distance as the train moved ahead on its journey.

CHANDIGARH

Neeti was studying in the library of her university. Being a scholarship student, she was much appreciated by all her teachers. Her exams were round the corner and she didnt want to waste a single minute.

As she flipped through the pages of her book, she realised that she had forgotten to submit one of her assignments.

"Earlier Pari used to remind me to submit my assignments on time," she said to herself," I wish she was here with me."

Neeti had really wanted to speak with Pari in these last few weeks. But Pari's chachi had picked up the call instead and berated her for trying to contact Pari.

"Apni maa kaa toh muh kala karke bhag gyi. Ab hamari Pari ke vyah par buri nazar daal rahi hai," Pari's chachi had said. Heartbroken and hurt, she had disconnected the call vowing to stay away from Pari's married life.

"Neeti............." said her boyfriend Sanju(aka Rajeev) walking into the library.

"Haye rabba, you are still studying," he said," we were supposed to have lunch together."

"Sorry," Neeti said closing her book,"just give me a minute."

UDAIPUR

It was half past nine at night when the train arrived in Udaipur. Pari struggled with her luggage as she got down from the train.

"Bhanu veerji kahin dikhai nahi de rahe," she thought as she dialled his number.

Bhanu's wife Neha picked up the phone.

"Satsriakal parjaiji," Pari said," wo main station pe khadi thee aur.................."

"Parineet? Is that you?" said Neha.

"Ji parjaiji," Pari said.

"Bhanu is having dinner at the moment," Neha said in a rude voice,"you will have to wait another hour. Or why dont you just take a cab? Its not good manners to treat your elder brother as your chauffer."

With tears in her eyes, Pari said,"sorry parjaiji aapko disturb kiya. I will take a taxi and come."

Pari dragged her wheeled bags along as she walked out of the station. She was afraid to board a cab all by herself but had no choice.

Meanwhile Vikram was getting dressed to pick up Pari from the station.

"Where in the world are you going?" Neha said angrily.

"Pari ko lene vaaste jaa raha hoon. Sade das pe train aani hai uski."

"Her train arrived an hour back,"she said," I told her to board a cab and come."

"What is wrong with you Neha?" he yelled at her," why did you tell me the wrong time?"

"Aap naa meri ek baat dhyan se suniye,"she said angrily," pehle toh aapne mujhse bina pooche use yahan bula liya. Aur ab.............."

"Phir shuru ho gye tum dono," Pari's naani and Bhanu's daadi  Shanno said.

"Neha is right Bhanu," Shanno said,"that girl is a nuisance for us. Her husband left her on the next day of her wedding and now she is a disgrace to our family! So we will treat her the way she deserves to be treated!"