Rude Awakening [Updated]

Start from the beginning

Catnap placed you down onto a bench, as he sat down. He was surprisingly gentle, given that he was holding you by the mouth. You guessed that he's been in this form for quite a while, and has grown accustomed to doing such a thing.

You stared up at the cat, taking in his full appearence now. Well...he seemed friendly enough, right? Even if he has...changed.

You decided to speak up first. You did trust him, after all, even if he was rather scary.

"Catnap....? What happened to you? You're...a lot scarier than before. And...why didn't you attack me? The others seem to have become aggressive so...why not you?"

You asked, waiting for an answer from the cat. The cat looked around before answering, as if he were worried about a certain presence.

You wondered if it had anything to do with that strange hand you saw. It was weird how it sort of just...came in Mommy died.

It was as if it were already there...watching...

You had to wonder if it has been watching you the entire time, without you knowing. The thought of that sent chills down your spine, especially as you didn't quite know its intentions, but you had a strong feeling that they weren't on your side.

"Y/N....I...look, I know this is going to be a lot to take in, but..."

The cat began, his voice low, disorted and intimidating compared to before. Well, his voice was on the lower side when you met him, which fit the fact he was a bit taller than you, about 6'3 to be exact.

Still, it was a bit jarring to hear a creepier version of his voice.

"Look...you can't be here. You have to leave! I..."

The cat's ears drooped down as he looked up towards the 'sky' in the playcare, the fake sun shining down on it. He turned his gaze back to you.

"I can't protect you. He wouldn't let me. He..."

Catnap trailed off, choosing his words rather carefully. He looked around once again. He seemed awfully paranoid, even though he seemed powerful enough to take down almost any of the other toys in the factory if he wanted to.

You felt concerned for the cat. He was your friend after all. Even if it may be dangerous...you wanted to help him. You owed it to him and...any of the other toys that could be saved after all.

Besides...it's not exactly like you have a way out, so may as well, right? Heck, Catnap could make for a pretty good ally, too. An ally you could really use given all the times you've nearly gotten killed in this place!

"Catnap, Poppy and I are trying to...fix things here, I suppose. She has a plan to put a stop to all of this, I think. Maybe we can help?"

You suggested to the cat, choosing to leave out the detail of her being the one to crash the train. You didn't want to put the two at odds with each other, especially considering how close Catnap was to you, and the fact that you kind of needed Poppy currently.

She was pretty much your only ally so far, and you definitely didn't want to throw that away in a place like this.

Though...maybe Catnap could be another.